Complex Delay/Reverb & SDD Preamp Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sjaltenb

Babyface
Hello all,

I have been planning a large guitar system for Gilmour and other tones but have recently been concentrating on Edge tones. I am very familiar with FX units, etc, but have a few complex questions about how to route this signal.

For this discussion, lets just assume that all filters, EQs, distortions, boosts, modulations, etc end at the chain called: Mono Out.

It is my understanding that the SDD3K has two parts, a preamp before the delays, and a level adjustment Post delay. Lets assume I use the Psionic Audio unit that has the loop for the delays. I don't ever plan on buying a SD3k just due to the price vs features.

So, if I were to use an Eventide Timefactor, TC D-Two, or SDD-2K, my understanding is that after the Mono Out, I need to feed the signal through the input of the Psionic, then split it 3 ways to each delay...then those delays are Mixed in Mix one and Mix 1 is send into the return and output of the Psionic.

This could be accomplished using two loops of a switcher that always turn on/off simultaneously. Only problem is that you can't use a stereo signal for non-Edge tones....

My next question is: At what point does the signal split into a completely separate signal to enter a Volume/Shimmer/Shimmer Amp setup? Is it before the delays or does the entire mix split just before it would hit the Vox? Is the general consensus that the most cost effective way is Split-->Dedicated Verbzilla on Octo-->Volume Pedal-->Shimmer Amp?

Lastly, Reverbs & Harmonizers. Should these units be a part of Mix 2- after the delays are mixed back in with the original signal or are they in serial with other units, etc?

Thanks so much!! I hope what I have described makes sense. I really appreciate any signal chain info, it is really the hardest part to decipher in his rig.

Cheers!

Or...to Simplify things...

Should I just dedicate the Psionic SDD to an SDD-2K and not worry about it having any effect on the TC & Eventide delays?

From what I have been hearing on YouTube the 2K is pretty awesome

Back
Top Bottom