City Of Blinding Lights pick effect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngusSlash

Babyface
Can someone help me to get the effect that the edge uses in the intro for city of blinding lights no the slides but the picking sound in the intro. I think is something like dotted picking but i dont no how to get it please help

Delay is 3/16 as usual.
You must use your slide on B string (start from 9th fret), then pick the string muting it with your right hand. Like this

E----------------------------------------------------------------------------11-11-11-
B--9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9--8-8-8-8--11-11--8-8--9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9---9--9-

The last part on E string is not palm muted, you must use your little finger on 11th fret and let it ring.

Enjoy this beautiful song.

I was up at the front of the main stage when I saw the Vertigo show, and was watching Edge's delay settings flash on the 2290s.

The delay for the live version of City of Blinding Lights was set at 310ms.

i recently got the blue herdim nylon picks that edge uses, and it makes a huge difference in this song. I always played it the way 7cs suggest, but felt something was missing in the sound. The dimpled side of the pick, mixed with the finger muting gives u that real ethereal effect your trying to get out of this beautiful intro piece

Back
Top Bottom