Choosing a Fender Tube Amp...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
My Crate GFX 212 (which was a little over 100 watts) which was fairly loud solid state amp bugged out on me and I'm looking to buy a new amp. Decided to try tube amps but don't want to spend a ton. I'm deciding on a Fender Hot Rod Deville 212, a Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, and Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40 watt. Alright, anybody in the know have any advice on what would be a good amp to buy. I've read every amp is pretty loud an I'm wondering are they that much louder than the Crate GFX 212?

Also what would be a good choice. I like the clean sounds from Fender amps that I've heard and the whole tube thing interests me.

Any suggestions? I understand these amps supposedly have so-so distortion but I figure I'll get another effects board/ amp modeler to deal with that so I'm not worried but in terms of a good sounding amp, I'm just curious if people have any opinions.

get the loudest one...use a preamp pedal to change the tone. my lowly digitech rp-100 does a suprisingly good job at modeling a vox, considering that i bought it really cheap.

Flying FuManchu said:
My Crate GFX 212 (which was a little over 100 watts) which was fairly loud solid state amp bugged out on me and I'm looking to buy a new amp. Decided to try tube amps but don't want to spend a ton. I'm deciding on a Fender Hot Rod Deville 212, a Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, and Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40 watt. Alright, anybody in the know have any advice on what would be a good amp to buy. I've read every amp is pretty loud an I'm wondering are they that much louder than the Crate GFX 212?

Also what would be a good choice. I like the clean sounds from Fender amps that I've heard and the whole tube thing interests me.

Any suggestions? I understand these amps supposedly have so-so distortion but I figure I'll get another effects board/ amp modeler to deal with that so I'm not worried but in terms of a good sounding amp, I'm just curious if people have any opinions.

Save up and buy a Vox, otherwise you'll always be wondering "Does a Vox sound better......"

Yea, but that doesn't mean he uses one religiously like he does with his AC30's.

Ah, another grasshopper embarking on the never ending quest for tone. Welcome to my obsession.

Back
Top Bottom