Can I get an Edge sound with my stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
Ive no idea how to work the delay on my amp, so I've never really tried to properly get Edges sound, but I was wondering, can I?

WITHOUT buying extra stuff that is. Im not fussy, a close enough equivelent would do me fine. Heres what I have:

These behringer pedals

BEHRINGERTO100.jpg

DM100.jpg

A Big Muff PI
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby

A vox Ad-30 with this stuff on it
lg_ad30vt_top.jpg

lg_fx_control.jpg

Guitar-wise, I have:

Behringer i-axe strat copy (if I could get the stupid thing to do its job and work on the computer I could have used software for this. >_>)

Encore Les Paul

Tanglewood Rickenbacker copy

One of these but with only a bridge pickup (I dunno what you'd class it as)
1-032-032516_1-Aria-Pro-2-Cardinal-.jpg

And an accoustic, should it be necessary.

So, lemme know what I can do with my stuff. :D Are the specific songs I can get the sound for, or can I do bugger all with it? :lol: I need some sort of incentive to get me playing so it'd help. :wink:

I'm gonna assume you're looking for the classic Edge sound?

If so, use the AC30 model on your amp. You can use the Tap button on your amp to set the delay time i.e the time between each repeat. If you mess around with it enough you'll figure out I'm sure. Although to be honest I have a VT30 and the delay is pretty weak and even when set at the right time doesn't really do the job. I'm no expert but the Tube OD you have, set with minimal Drive with the Behringer Strat, plus what I mentioned before might get you a decent enough sound, but like I said - I'm no expert. ;)

A decent Mod delay would do you wonders.

it's not diffficult to get an Edge sound. I got a perfect one with my mexican strat and the Vox AD100. I use a ibanez tube screamer for Edge overdrive sound, and maybe some gain added on the amp. I have no trouble getting the delay on the amp. The trick is the knob has to be exact. With the Delay effect on, Edit 1 changes how much delay is in the mix. Edit 2 changes the time, which is the trickiest. You have to strum your guitar to tell when you have it right of course. Edit 3 changes how many repeats. Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the replies. :)

Anyone know the amp settings for bass/treble/middle/gain etc?

I always seem to have trouble balancing out the gain so it doesnt growl at me.

For a good Edge tone, I have Treble a little past 1 O'clock, Bass is a little past 2 O'clock, and Middle is about 4 O'Clock. The gain can pretty much be anything depending on what your playing, and even what guitar your playing, I have a little less gain for the les paul, more for the strat.

Also.

I discovered an almost-shimmer type effect. Use reverb for the effect, Turn Edit 1 to however much (It controls how much is in the mix), Turn Edit 2 all the way up, and Edit 3 all the way down. Check it out :wave:

Thanks Pac. :)

I just finally got some software that works with my i-axe! (taken about 4 years to get the damn thing working) It has an edge pre-set thats pretty good, and all sorts of amps and effects and I cannot work whatsoever. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom