Boss PW-2 Power Driver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found this one via Google, seems to be during the Vertigo European leg stadium tour. Unless they used that big screen also in 2006.

EdgeRackAmp.JPG

http://www.hendrixguitars.com/Images/EdgeRackAmp.JPG

There's an orangy looking Boss pedal between the blue Boss compressor and lime FA-1, and I doubt that Edge has ever used a DS-1 or DS-2.

I wonder what he still used the Meatball and Doppelganger for, as any Pop material had basically disappeared from the setlists around this time.

It's also on this one I think.

set%20the%20edge%202.jpg

http://www.mondoleone.nl/siteAssets/images/blog/Blog plaatjes 2015/11 2015/set the edge 2.jpg

And that was during a US indoor show, judging by the seating in the back. Those seats must have sucked ass.

Im looking for closed picture of the pedal. Exactly a picture from documentary in 2005 from VH1

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have one and having opened it I can say its digital, if you define digital as in having an 8 pin inline opamp and a shitload of transistors. So I guess its 100% analog.

Is a distortion pedal. Between overdrive/distortion and fuzz. Seems he used it for zoo station during vertigo tour (also ABOY an Miracle Drug). I have one and i tried and sounds but i need the exact seetings

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's not so great.

Edge finds effects, often they do one thing he likes, and other than that... not so much.

When they stop playing the song, away with the effect.

Considering that even in his gigantic rack space was always at a premium that's quite understandable. Why haul something around that you're not using anymore?

I have one and having opened it I can say its digital, if you define digital as in having an 8 pin inline opamp and a shitload of transistors. So I guess its 100% analog.

What I thought is that if this is digital distortion pedal where A to D transformation is done to create distortion, I thought the sound of this pedal can be easily replicated with other digital distortion pedal on the market. So that we don't have to buy this annoying sounding pedal second hand or something.

Back
Top Bottom