boss me-50

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've used this effects panel for about 6 months now, and my advice for a "U2" sound would be using the enhance mode on both distortion and type (or acoustic/hollow). As for modulation, pan or one of the chorus settings... and for delay switch the dial towards the analog side (~420ms) and depending on the song increase/decrease the feedback (keep it low for songs without heavy delay... it gives a U2-like echo without overwhelming your playing). Personally, I set the Wah pedal to resonance to give that extra treble push... it's good for songs like Pride.

Any questions?

YEAH...RIGHT!!!

O.k.....I've been using the Boss ME-50 for about 6 months now....and I'm really glad I got it!!!
It's hard to get an "edge"sound because he uses a lot of different sounds....
Personally I use one bank (memory pedal) for clean sounds with delay and reverb....REALLY COOL!!!
The second bank is for my distortions....for an edge sound you should always remember that when you're playing a picking patern the notes still have to sound individual....the problem with distortion is that chords normally sound cool, but picking patterns get messed up!!!........
And I use the third bank for 'special' sounds......like for elevation and stuff like that....
Just make sure you get you're delay right......and don't use to much distrortion.........and you'll be fine!!

OH!!.......en je komt uit Nederland!!!!..............GAAF!!!

Ik kom uit Siddeburen, regio Groningen (oorspronkelijk kom ik uit waddinxveen (vlakbij rotterdam).......
Maar gaaf dat je een Boss-ME-50 gebruikt......als je er ooit achter komt hoe je where the streets have no name goed kunt instellen....hoor ik het graag!!!
GROETEN

cool thats the multi fx job im looking to buy cos it just looks the best for ?200, and if its possible to achieve a sound close to u2s, then rock on!

I own an ME-50 and I love it. The distortions are certainly NOT weak (most players use more distortion than they should anyway).

As far as when compared to a PODxt or ToneLab - sorry, but those are different animals when compared to the ME-50. The PODxt and the ToneLab are AMP MODELERS, which means they can not only simulate pedals and effects, but can also simulate amps, the speakers, even the mic positions when recording.

As for what to get - well, that depends on your needs. I only use effects live, WITH my amp, so the ME-50 is perfect. If I was to PRIMARILY record in the studio, then I would invest in the PODxt to simulate my amp.

Only buy what you absolutely need. Personally, I like to leave studio stuff in the studio and use live stuff for...well, live. From what I understand, PODs are a b*tch to amplify properly without any weird coloration.

Flying FuManchu said:
Do people consider the me-50 pretty weak in terms of distortion... Would a tube amp actually sound better with an me-50 over a solid state?

I've use the ME-50 with both and it sounds fine...you have to adjust the settings, however. What works on a tube amp won't work with solid state, and vice versa.

AndyUF said:
As for what to get - well, that depends on your needs. I only use effects live, WITH my amp, so the ME-50 is perfect. If I was to PRIMARILY record in the studio, then I would invest in the PODxt to simulate my amp.

I agree with this so much it hurts.

:up:

Bought an ME-50 off eBay...should arrive within the week, can't wait! Shan't be diving into trying to emulate the Edge until a few months after trying to make my own sound that will be known ACROSS THE LAND.....*crickets*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom