bonos PA and mic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last two tours Bono has used wireless Shure Beta 58s.

I believe it was a wireless Sm58 for Popmart and a Sony wireless for Zoo Tv.

In the 80's I think he used wired SM58s

In the studio, I have heard he actually uses Sm58s and Beta 58s which is rare, as most studio vocals are done with condensor mics (the 58s are dynamic mics).

As for small gigs, I don't think b-man has done many coffee house or pub gigs as of late
:)

...but I believe at any of the few club gigs they have done, he uses the Beat 58 wireless as well...

*edit: BTW - if you are looking for a good mic to use for small gigs, you can't go wrong with a Shure SM58 or Beta 58 - they are the gold standard, tried and tested by many, many world class performers and they don't cost a bundle either*

thank you so much, i was hopeing it would be shure mic as it was the one i seen in my local store i was planing on buying :)

wow

bradyvox said:
In the studio, I have heard he actually uses Sm58s and Beta 58s which is rare, as most studio vocals are done with condensor mics (the 58s are dynamic mics).

wow that is not very conventional, although to clarify the beta 58 is actually a condenser mic :)

You may be thinking of the Shure beta 87 - it is a condenser

the Shure beta 58 is a dynamic mic...

tpsglick2424 said:
what is that wireless mic he used on the Zoo TV Tour?

I believe it was a Sony that was used for the majority of the tour -but I am not sure of the make/model etc....

bradyvox said:

I believe it was a Sony that was used for the majority of the tour -but I am not sure of the make/model etc....

:hmm:

I know he used a sm58 so the washington zoo tv but i knew he didnt use a shure for the rest of that tour..

Back
Top Bottom