Bono's New Fender Custom Shop guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just had an epiphany.

At Anaheim 2, I'm fairly certain they'll play The Fly. Bono plays guitar on The Fly. They're soundchecking The Fly. They're soundchecking Bono's new guitar.

1+1=2. :hyper:

You read it here first people! :wink:

:hyper: OMG I can't believe it. It sounds SO good. And man, I like the sound of Bono's telecaster! :love:

PLEASE tell me someone has an IEM of this show. :pray:

PLEASE tell me someone has an IEM of this show. :pray:

Pretty sure he does:
joe-o.jpg

:wink:

An IEM would be awesome, wanna hear how the Thinline Tele sounds. It looks fabulous.

And great call, by the way.

Glad to see he used it! I think the song should stay in the setlist forever. Incredible, lively performance. They all seemed on fire! Even Edge!:lol: Tele looks great on Bono! I've always thought that since Bono has his "updated" Fly shades on and his leather on that they should play The Fly. Finally happened!

I'm wondering is the Irish Falcon gone now? And does anyone know what Bono used for One?

Pretty sure he does:
joe-o.jpg

:wink:

An IEM would be awesome, wanna hear how the Thinline Tele sounds. It looks fabulous.

And great call, by the way.
Oh man. If U2 REALLY wanna show they're reading this place, GIVE US THE BOOTLEG ON U2.com. Make it members only, whatever, I don't care. But Come on. Give us this soundboard. That would fucking rock.

any idea what Adam uses for The Fly?

My guess would be the Warwick, but I'm not sure. Let me check.

ETA: Yup, gold Warwick Reverso. You can see it in the first few seconds of the video posted on the last page.

Just got back from Baltimore (I live in Richmond, VA) and he used this guitar again on the fly last night... And what a kick-ass version of The Fly it was! :D We could HEAR Bono's guitar!

Some photos from Anaheim

Nice pics, thanks for posting them! I've been away for a while so this guitar surprised me at the show last night as I have been keeping away from new tour info until after the show. Sounded good too since they had it turned up enough to hear it. Bono isn't the best player but you can tell he has practiced some. :applaud:

It's interesting that he is using perhaps two versions of this guitar, one with the wording of 'the Goal Is Soul' the other without... Unless the one with the wording was the original and he decided to not use that one?

It's interesting that he is using perhaps two versions of this guitar, one with the wording of 'the Goal Is Soul' the other without... Unless the one with the wording was the original and he decided to not use that one?

I've not seen Bono play the Fender Custom Shop Tele with the "The Goal Is Soul" pickguard attached.

Perhaps he's moved past using that phrase and had it removed from the guitar with it was rec'd from Fender.

:hmm: I just went back and read the beginning of this thread again because I'd forgotten about it since Bono started playing this guitar, and noticed your post Edge_o concerning who might have designed this guitar. The info you have there caught my attention, because Dallas told me that this guitar was designed by him. Trying to remember our entire conversation now, but I'm pretty sure he told me the guitar was his own design especially for Bono. (Also as of the Oakland show, Bono had not seen the guitar yet.)

As an adjunct to this discussion, I've been trying to find an Irish Falcon for quite some time to no avail. So, I contacted a Fender CS dealer to get a quote on having one of these beauties made...

$12,000+. :crack::sad:

As an adjunct to this discussion, I've been trying to find an Irish Falcon for quite some time to no avail. So, I contacted a Fender CS dealer to get a quote on having one of these beauties made...

You can find Irish Falcon's on Craigslist and ebay, etc every now and then. The range is $2800-$3800. Far cheaper than having the Fender Custom Shop make one.

Patience and shopping around could pay off nicely for you.

That is a crime... :angry: Especially when they are going for what they are going for on eBay.

Interesting to see what the Tele will go for when it's so called 'available'?:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom