Bond Electraglide Guitar FS - The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyG

Babyface
I am selling my 1980's vintage Bond Electraglide Guitar, with preamp, all cords, original hardshell case with keys, original straplocks, and complete set of manuals. This is the guitar popularized by The Edge, who used it on "One Tree Hill" among other tunes.

A bit of history, the Bond Electraglide was a carbon fiber electric guitar manufactured by Bond Guitars between 1984 and 1985. It has 3 pickups and features a unique stepped aluminum fingerboard (anodized black) instead of traditional frets. Pickup switching, volume and tone controls were completely digital, powered by a large internal motherboard.

The player can select pickups via five pushbuttons; volume, treble and bass were incremented numerically via digital rocker switches, confirmed by a three-color (or should I say "colour") LED readout (see pic). This guitar can get the most wicked out-of-phase tone that I ever heard. Very funky!

Of interest to the collector: This guitar comes complete with the original external power supply pack (which is setup for U.S. operation but can handle UK), all cords and the complete owners manual, and the original straplocks and original case with the original keys. This particular Bond is in excellent shape, with moderate wear on the fingerboard.

Only about 1000 units were ever manufactured before the company ceased operations in 1986. Everything works fine as it should on this collectible instrument.

On ebay now!

0bb9_1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom