Best U2 Tribute Band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who is the best U2 Tribute band? Has anyone ever seen a U2 tribute band? What did you think?
.... ZOO 2 (Southern California)
I saw "Zoo-2" at the Belly Up in San Diego on St. Patrick's Day 2011...and the tore the house down. The sound, the energy and Bono's voice... By far the best U2 Tribute Show in Southern California that I've seen. :up:

There are a lot of tribute bands out there. There are a lot of U2 tribute bands out there. And there are a lot of fun, great sounding U2 tribute bands out there.

But "Best tribute band"?

Most are not travelling far and wide to see tribute bands. Most know and like the one they know of that lives and/or plays near them. Nothing wrong with that.

There are some that play things that the band hasn't played in ages or never has. There are bands that get the look closer than others. There are some that get the sound pretty close but the look is far off the mark. And yes, there are some that get the look, movements and sound of the band down.

But "Best"? It seems that most of the tributes, and I am not just speaking of U2 tributes, that tout themselves as "The Best"... usually are not so much.

My vote would have to go to Unforgettable Fire, just saw them last night at a theatre and in this setting was so different than seeing them in a bar (or some of the other tributes, that have been mentioned). Not sure if the guys still visit this site but they ripped up the room as usual, next time I will be in the balcony. Cheers to a great show!

Finally got the chance to actually SEE a U2 tribute band back in July, and I will say, Elevation Canada was every thing I could have dreamt of and more. They looked and sounded the part, and even more, they were GREAT guys to meet. They gave my son the night of his life and spoiled the little bugger rotten. I've stayed in touch with them as well, and can't wait until they come back to Ohio again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Finally got the chance to actually SEE a U2 tribute band back in July, and I will say, Elevation Canada was every thing I could have dreamt of and more. They looked and sounded the part, and even more, they were GREAT guys to meet. They gave my son the night of his life and spoiled the little bugger rotten. I've stayed in touch with them as well, and can't wait until they come back to Ohio again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I still hate the whole who's best thing. I've never like hearing bands or their fans say that they are the 'best' or most 'authentic' U2 tribute. Just seems like posturing and rubs me the wrong way. And in many cases, those that claim to be the best, most authentic, ultimate... are far from it.

THAT SAID - if I had to list 5 that I've seen that 'get it right', Elevation (Canada) would be on that list. They are great people. Nice dudes. And they put on a fantastic U2 show. And they don't seem to operate by ego (like a number seem).

Back
Top Bottom