Best amp modeling for Vox AC 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msingh95

Babyface
Hi, I'm wondering what you guys think are good Vox amp modelers? I'm looking for something in the $500 or less range. My aim is to get something that doesn't break the bank and doesn't break my back - though I don't want to just use the Vox amplug.

I want to run my effects through the modeler and then send the modeler to the mains FOH where I play.

If you guys think the vox amplug is the best, then perhaps I'll consider it. But I can't spend so much that I can get myself an axe fx. I'd like to save a such as possible.

I've looked into the vox ac30 amplug, the Liverpool pedal, and the pod hd500x (been considering using just that as my rig complete with amp Sims and everything. It'll be super easy to travel with it). Are these not even worth it and should I look into getting an ace fx or helix? I'll be playing later this month and won't have enough money to spend in time. Just wanted to downsize my traveling rig a bit.

All advice is appreciated!

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If $500 is your budget then just go for a Pod HD500X, preferably 2nd hand so you can save even more money. Do not underestimate the advantage of being able to carry your rig, guitar and multi-FX, as hand luggage on a plane.

If $500 is your budget then just go for a Pod HD500X, preferably 2nd hand so you can save even more money. Do not underestimate the advantage of being able to carry your rig, guitar and multi-FX, as hand luggage on a plane.
See, I already have the hd500x, and wanted a dedicated Sim. The amplug I've tried and is alright, but i was hoping for some opinions on things like the tech 21 Liverpool or joyo ACTone

See, I already have the hd500x, and wanted a dedicated Sim. The amplug I've tried and is alright, but i was hoping for some opinions on things like the tech 21 Liverpool or joyo ACTone

So I take it you are not pleased with the Vox amp sim of the HD500x then?

I've never used the Liverpool but from what gather the Joyo is basically the cheaper Chinese copy so you could go with that one. The one I have experience with and which I would prefer is the AMT V1. Because AMT makes excellent amp sim pedals, with some of the best cab sim outputs as well. The V1 is interesting because it has both an FX send/ return loop, or a channel send/return loop. Which means you could place another pre-amp/amp sim pedal in the channel send/return loop and then the V1 bypass switch acts as a change channel switch. Great if you want to alternate between a clean and dirty preamp. Or in the case of the Edge, alternate between a Vox sound and a Fender sound, as the AMT F1 is a Fender Twin in a box.

AMT V1 | AMT Electronics an official website

I have heard Brian Wampler saying that emulating Vox amps with pedal format is kinda tough. And I haven't really found good digital emulation on Vox in affordable units either. Even in my Digitech pedal Vox emulation sucks balls so I avoid it like a plague. So whenever I want clean sound, I go for a Fender or Marshall emulation.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Boss BC-2 Combo drive i bought one last year great pedal
for Vox sounds :) i added it to my pedalboard

demo here ------------------------------------------->

Boss amp-in-a-box series seem to do pretty decent job of simulating amps. Even including my power stack high is pretty cool Marshall sounding thing

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom