Behringer V-amp 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say go for something more reknowed. As with everything in life you get what you pay for. To much of that Behringer stuff costs next to nothing which leads me to suspect that they must have cut corners somewhere down the line. Even the fact that its made in China could't only explain that. Unless they used forced labor. :wink:

Thanks, i mainly want it for the amp pre-sets, i really want a boss ME-50 but they're a little out of my price range at the moment so its not happening ... i went back and played the actuall thing today and it sounded really good i think i'm going to buy it

Pod XT is better for sure, but v-amp is not too bad.
You can achieve satysfying sound. Some simulations are pretty good - especially hi-gain (like ultimate vamp, drive v-amp based on Mesa Boogie Mark III) .
If you don't have enough money for buying pod or something like that, it's for you :)

$999!. Dam that's well expensive. The V -Amp isn't too bad at all, especially when your alternative is paying 4 times as much for a Pod.

I can buy used Pod XT for about 350$, vamp is about 120-150$, so it's not so expensive.
They are ok. Sound good especially with tube poweramp and some 4x12 cabinet :)

v amp is fine if yer playing thro headphones but sounds god awful thro an amp so go wi pod pro. ALSO.......edge actually uses two pods in his rack.

Ok, I don´t really like the Behringer stuff, but you can work with some of their products. I don´t know the amp you´re talking about.. only know their 8000 mixer series which is just above average (ok for the price though, the Mackie is more expensive but also sounds better).. I nearly would have bought it a couple of years ago, but in the end I decided for a used Tascam M 2600 console which sounds two classes higher (especially the lovely EQs, and you got eight AUX sends instead of six) and kicks both Behringers and Mackies ass.

Other than that, I know their compressors and limiters, they´re ok for drums or something, but I would not use them on vocals, same for the tube pre-amp, pay a little more for a Mindprint Envoice and you got the sound you need (even if you don´t have the cash for Focusrite).

So what can I say, since I haven´t heard the amp, nothing. Good if you got it and if you have fun playing :) That´s what counts.

Back
Top Bottom