ATYCLB songbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I bought the ATYCLB songbook last week. For the most part I dont find it too be that great. Some of the stuff seems off so far, need to play it more, especially with my electric instead of the acoustic, and maybe try standard tuning or down a half step. All I know is that the songs i've tried didnt sound too accurate, especially In A Little While. Beautiful Day and New York may be ok. The chords on Kite, Peace On Earth, and When I look at the World are all right on, tab seems to be another case. All of these tab books are usually like that though, just what some guy thinks they are playing, usually it's in a certain tuning or with a capo, and the guy transcribing has no clue and writes up some ridiculous tab. Anyone else bought it? Have any diff opinions? I could be completely wrong, havent given it much look yet, need to really practice some of the songs first I suppose.

Bought the Pop songbook. Never will buy a songbook again unless I just want chords which I can pretty much figure out myself. That stuff is usually a ripoff. The U2 station at www.u2station.com has great tab as well as the U2 Guitar Archive (just do a search for that).

Ya, I know. I almost bought the Pop book too, but I could tell some of it was off, so I didnt get it. The ATYCLB book looked ok, so I got it, hehe. Oh well, I havent bought a book I've liked yet either, other than a Beatles book that just has all chords, lol. That's the only mostly accurate book i've bought. I got a "Best of The Police" book, it's absolutely TERRIBLE! Oh well. Guess I should have learned.

have some beatles songbooks too ;-) but didn?t buy nothing in the last years. its just a waste of money, you can figure out all the chords by listening and playing; this also helps you developing an own style of playing, you learn to improvise, you learn chord structures (like stuck is a good example, with the way the chords work in rhythm there on 1 and 4).
have fun whenhiphop

Back
Top Bottom