Any one ever soldered loose input jacks on the Korg A3? Any step by step out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hatrickpatrick

The Fly
I have a gig on Friday, I've been practising with my Korg A3 but I've just discovered that when moved, a faulty connection causes the input jack to intermittently cut out during playing. Need to resolder this before Friday, can't risk it flaking out during a song.

Anyone ever done this or know any step by step guides for it? I've heard it's a common enough problem, I know a guy who is very good with soldering but the issue is getting at the jacks - which circuit boards to move, how to move them and avoid damaging other wires, etc. Any kind of instruction set for how to do this would be extremely helpful.

I don't know if there is anything about soldering input jacks or not but here is a good source of information regarding the Korg A3 and other A Series units.

J. Input and output jacks

(from various posts) On the A2 and A3, the jacks are unfortunately not very sturdy. It is common for the jacks to become loose, develop intermittent connections, and eventually break off of the circuit board where they are mounted. If you are handy with a soldering iron, just open up your unit and re-solder the jack back in place. Otherwise, have the work done by a competent repair professional. If you are a wiz at this sort of thing, you might just replace the jack with a sturdier, chassis-mounted jack, although there might not be enough room without some modifications. As a preventative measure, you may wish to just open up the unit before the jacks go bad and inspect and solder all the jacks.

By the way, as long as you've got the unit opened up, you might as well replace the internal battery too!

korgaseries.org: home

Back
Top Bottom