Another custom Warwick bass for Adam...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So first there were a few variations that finalized with the release of the Warwick Adam Clayton Reverso bass. Then Warwick made Adam a gold sparkle Streamer Stage II (seen at the Brandenburg Gate show) And now... Warwick Adam Clayton Custom Shop Star Bass II (in gold finish).

My guess is that this might take the place of the vintage gold finish Gibson Les Paul Signature that Adam has been using for U2: 360 performances of "Mysterious Ways". Time will tell for certain. And as the tour is 3 weeks away...

Pictures? Certainly!

090461XX14GPFMT3WW_01.jpg

090461XX14GPFMT3WW_05.jpg

090461XX14GPFMT3WW_04.jpg

090461XX14GPFMT3WW_03.jpg

Specs? Naturally.

Scale: 34" Longscale
Frets: 21 Dunlop 6230 nickel silver
Fingerboard wood: Tigerstripe Ebony
Inlays: Block Inlays, mother of pearl
Neck wood: Flamed Maple
Finish: Triumph Gold High Polish, 3-layered
Pickups: MEC passive Star Bass
Electronics: MEC passive
Nut: Graphite
Bridge: Warwick 2-piece
Strap holders: Schaller Security Locks
Hardware color: Gold

More info...
Warwick Basses Amps & Rock'n Roll

And thanks to Scott Jones for the heads up on this.

:hmm: Fancy. It looks a bit gretsch-y or like the epiphone Rivoli he used on Boots. I'll be looking forward to see what songs it'll be used on! Thanks for the heads up!

Seems Adam has found a lot of love for Warwick.

There was the dark brown Streamer (used for Electrical Storm) and the Birdeye Maple Custom Streamer (Used for Sunday Bloody Sunday) both briefly early in the tour.

Then there were the string of proto-type reverse body Strykers, that lead to the official Adam Clayton Reverso.

For the Brandenburg Gate show in November, there was the gold glitter sparkle Custom Streamer $$.

And now the gold Adam Clayton Star Bass II.

All pretty cool bass guitars. Good to see that Adam seems to be taking such an interest in gear that I don't really remember seeing in the past. Great to see him experiment and aim for the best possible tone for the tune.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom