And now Edge has two blue ones.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
And now Edge has two blue ones...

Click the link and zoom in to get a closer view.
U2 > FanCam

If you zoom in on The Edge's amps, you will notice that the main Vox (top) has two Vox Blue speakers now.

Used to be a Silver / Blue combination, like in the picture below.

Viewing from behind the amp, it used to have a silver on the left and a blue. (Pictured below) I guess the silver speaker went bad.

Edge_360_amps_back_XL-edit_1.jpg

Also, the smaller Fender that was under the main Vox, facing behind the stage (Fender Harvard, I think), isn't there any longer.

Wow. Uh, that's weird. You'd think he'd just have it reconed and not replaced.

AAAANNNNDDDDD this would be the answer to your question.. :) this actually happened.. hahaha blew his speaker and the gain wasn't like it should be .. watch the video.. he could barely hear his amp and he was like "wtf is going on here!??" haha even Bono and Adam knew it.. the people in the audience didn't seem to even care they were so excited though... but yeah.. it blew.. he then replaced the speakers.. both i think actually.. but at least the one.

YouTube - U2 Gelsenkirchen 2009-08-03 Vertigo

AAAANNNNDDDDD this would be the answer to your question.. :) this actually happened.. hahaha blew his speaker and the gain wasn't like it should be .. watch the video.. he could barely hear his amp and he was like "wtf is going on here!??" haha even Bono and Adam knew it.. the people in the audience didn't seem to even care they were so excited though... but yeah.. it blew.. he then replaced the speakers.. both i think actually.. but at least the one.

YouTube - U2 Gelsenkirchen 2009-08-03 Vertigo

i think the problem here is wireless input, dallas changes for another one.

actually i read somewhere he plugged him into a different amp.. a back up with back-up wireless.. he has somewhere around 15 different wireless units for each guitar and amp just in case. They probably changed that just to be sure nothing else happens. Better safe than sorry. lol

Back
Top Bottom