"amps that takes pedals well"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So i see this topic about amps that take pedals well, especially if people are talking about distortion pedals (possibly other pedals? i dunno). I watch Chasing Tone videos from Wampler as it help me getting knowledge about gain pedals from some (semi-) pro people, including Brian Wampler himself.

anyway they once said that AC30 doesn't take pedals well. Im sure it depends on the pedals or people's preference but it's true that as it's already mid-heavy, sometimes gain pedals may overwhelm midrange. But i realize Edge uses nice amount of AC30 and he uses plenty of gain pedals and i never hear his guitar tone having overwhelming amount of mids or overly "think." do you know how he does that? does he boost top-ends more to compensate AC30's mid/bass-heaviness?

Edge may use a lot of gain pedals, but a lot of them are fuzz pedals, which in my opinion usually benefit from an amp with some midrange. As for his non-fuzz dirt pedals, they're not exactly hi-gain. You'll never hear a metal style wall of sound coming from him. But on the few cases he needs one he has the option to use his Fender amps. Which usually have more of a midrange scoop. And which tend to take pedals very well. I do love the sound of my pedals on my Fender Twin and Vibrolux.

yeah i probably should've realized that he's including more Fender amps like Deluxe or even Harvard, something that's not too common. Im sure he's using Fender a lot more than we think and gain-y parts will be probably benefitted by the use of those fender amps with plenty of bottoms and less mids. I also remember Edge uses modded TS which has less mid presence apparently so i think it may make sense that Edge fine-tunes his pedals to work well with his rig.

The modded TS seems to have been a recent addon. I think up to the Vertigo tour he used regular TS-9's and SD-1's.

Wow, do you ever feel like this particular sub forum is now only a conversation between you and me? It sure feels quiet in here.

Wow, do you ever feel like this particular sub forum is now only a conversation between you and me? It sure feels quiet in here.

yeah, it's so quiet, i guess without any changes/updates, there wouldn't be anything on this forum (look at some old setlist party from Europe legs, they're extremely quiet, with only 3 or 4 pages as there weren't big changes in setlist).

BTW, I realized that i can totally hear some Vox sounds in distorted riffs; look at some 360 rehearsals/documentary where Edge plays some riffs (this video, 5-minute mark-ish: )

I don't come to interference as much as I used to due to certain posters. I rarely think of coming here as a gear thing. I am usually over at thegearpage, which is crazy active.

Hey.

You know what's awesome? The entire Chase Bliss lineup. All I need is the phaser and I've got the set.

Even though I want all of those amazing, somewhat oddball pedals, I'm still not sure that I can use them at fullest potential (and buy them in Japan, where I have home).

Back
Top Bottom