Amp setting for Edge sound/tone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7cs

The Fly
I was looking around for some good setting to emulate The Edge sound and I decided to start this thread because I've not found anything truly useful.

I own a valvetronix from vox (AD30VT), and two guitars (hambucker and single coil). I would like to find 2 or 3 settings to save on my ampli and to be used as a startpoint to work with pedals or rack units (I,ve got a complete korg a3 with foot controller/wha/Volume pedals and spc01 card).

I have found a good setting for distort hambucher (AC30TB selector, distortion 3 o'clock, volume 1 0'clock, low bass, high treble, middle 12 o'clock), I use it for UTEOTW (bridge pickup) and it sounds great!

But I still need a clean sound for hambucker, and even a clean and a distort sound for single coil.

Now, let me show you what I've found.

These are from valvetronix.net

Valvetronix u2 : 8 presets

Clean : Pride (in the name of love) - U2 • VOX AD60VT • AD120VT • Blue serie

But it's impossible to change the ampli tone for each song to play!!!!!

These are from a user...I can' remember his name

ImageShack - Hosting :: cleanstratij4.jpg Clear Strat

ImageShack - Hosting :: diststratfs7.jpg Dist Strat

ImageShack - Hosting :: cleanlespaulna5.jpg Clean LesPaul

ImageShack - Hosting :: distlespaulhz9.jpg Dist LesPaul

He uses an higain ampli for the dist strat sound, I'd prefer to use ac30tb for all tones.

Anyone would like to post his ampli settings (valvetronix, other vox, other brand)????

We could make this thread a sort of database on this argument, why not!

Hi everybody :wave:

Thanks to Brian_C for the private message
...unfortunately I can't get into that site, they let in only people with a non commercial email (gmail, yahoo and so on are not good)...and I haven't got it and don't know how to have one :sad:

hey, try looking at this site there's a load of Edge info, you may be dig through what you're looking for.

A Study of The Edge’s Guitar Delay (U2)

I've gone there sometimes..and it has been very useful to me.
Most of my delay settings comes from there.

Have you got a korg a3?
If so I tell you what i'm tryng to do...

I've made a playlist of u2 backing tracks...actually 26 tunes, all live with vocals from // U2, The Who, Stereophonics & Coldplay Guitar & Piano Backing Tracks //. They are in this form
example: "71-Sunday Bloody Sunday"
where the number is the number of the first A3 patch I'have to call to play that song.

I save all the settings on the korg unit and I've got a rom card (64 Kbyte) where to save them all when I'll need to change the Korg internal battery.

In this way I can easely play u2 in my living room just using the guitar, the ampli and the A3 with its pedals...no more cables around the house (I've bought even a cheap guitar wireless system), no more little effects boxes on the floor. In 20 seconds I can start to play (even just one song, I just have to push its pedal and call the right setting from the A3's memory) and in the same time I can remove all and seat on the couch.

The A3 is a powerful unit and it sounds great, you can play almost all u2 songs with it (and many others....like pink floyd, guns n roses...there are a lot of cards you can download from korgaseries.org: home and load into the A3 using a midi cable).

Now I'm looking for one or two good ampli settings to save on the AD30, they have to be my sound bases for all the u2 songs I play. I hope (and I will) to find a clear and a distorted tone for the strato and a distorted tone for my humbucker guitar.

I will share these setting as a midi file as soon as I finish the job...in the meantime I hope someone can share some setting with me.

I've seen that others tried to start a "share your korg A3 patches" thread on this site with no results...I think people are too jealous of their settings...afterall playing guitar is only a funny game for most of us...a passion for music...

...so let's rock :rockon:

Hello 7CS ! I too am a fan of the sound of The Edge! I just bought a korg a3 card with the spc01 and I wanted to ask if I please post your own presets for the songs of U2. I play just for fun and I fully agree with what you say! I found only around the presets for Mysterious Ways numb and zoo station ... ah ... I forgot I don't have the midi cable to transfer files. syex from PC to korg and then politely ask you if you can post presets in writing (eg number of patches or the chain and settings of various parameters) or if you know any program to view files SysEx! Thank you so much! p.s sorry for my english!

Hello 7CS ! I too am a fan of the sound of The Edge! I just bought a korg a3 card with the spc01 and I wanted to ask if I please post your own presets for the songs of U2. I play just for fun and I fully agree with what you say! I found only around the presets for Mysterious Ways numb and zoo station ... ah ... I forgot I don't have the midi cable to transfer files. syex from PC to korg and then politely ask you if you can post presets in writing (eg number of patches or the chain and settings of various parameters) or if you know any program to view files SysEx! Thank you so much! p.s sorry for my english!

Hi, you can find some good programs to read sysex files herekorgaseries.org: home

this is a nice one MIDIOX

I can't send my patches to you as sysex cause I have them on my A3 and I don't have the midi to usb cable. Anyway I can send some patches to you as text files if you tell me which songs you would like to play. Here's a list of songs I have on my A3... I've nearly done all of the patches... some are nice, some less

01 ZOO STATION 3/16-349

06 EVEN BETTER THAN REAL THING 3/16-351

11 MYSTERIOUS WAYS 3/16-460

16 LAST NIGHT ON EARTH 3/16-384 4/16-513--------------

21 KITE 3/16_375

26 THE FLY 3/16-413

29 STILL HAVEN'T FOUND 3/16-450

31 GONE 3/16-510----------------------------

35 STAY ---------------------------

36 CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS 3/16-323

39 I WILL FOLLOW 3/16-200

41 BEAUTIFUL DAY 3/16-441

46 ELEVATION 3/16-394

48 VERTIGO ----------------------------

51 IN GOD'S COUNTRY 3/16-354

54 SILVER AND GOLD 3/16-362

56 BAD 3/16-432

61 STREETS (Eb) 3/16-354

66 PRIDE 3/16-428

71 SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY 3/16-450----------------------------

73 BULLET THE BLUE SKY 3/16-395

76 WITH OR WITHOUT YOU 3/16-405

81 ELECTRIC CO. 3/16-296

86 UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD 3/16-432 4/16-577 solo-----

91 NEW YEARS DAY 4/16-441

96 ONE 3/16-478

The number before the song name is the first patch I have to recall to play that song, the numbers after the song name are delay settings for live backing tracks from Amib2005.

You can listen to some songs I play using A3 on my youtube channel YouTube - Mr7cs's Channel

7cs,
Your videos seem right on the money. Could you please send me your text file of settings? I just picked up an A3 and the spc-01 card.
Thanks a million!

Back
Top Bottom