All I Want Is You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monroe

Babyface
I have a question mainly for those of you in tribute bands. How do you perform AIWIY? I know on Hattle and Hum, U2 plays to a back track. Although I have made some back tracks before, this one seams like it would be over my head. It sounds like it has orchestration out the wazoo. Maybe an unplugged version? Any suggestions? Thanks

Many of us copy the slane dvd version of aiwiy its a strat with around 460ms of delay (korg sdd3000 delay) with boost from the boss fa-1 or you can use the boost from a line 6 dm4.Edge also uses shimmer to great effect on this too.

Rattle and Hum version isn't live and it does have orchestration, thanks to genius of Van Dyke Parks (who notably arranged for the Beach Boys and many others).

Edge replicates a lot of that recordings orchestration with shimmer (live). So you have something for shimmer? That will help pad out the sound.

Are you trying to play the sound out somewhere? If so, with a band or just you?

Acoustically, might sound thin. It's basically two chords for the most part. But if it is just you, if you have the electric, the delay to thicken it up a bit and the shimmer to fill it out more... you could probably arrange a good solo version.

It's kind of funny. A and D for the most part. Those two chords are the basis of this, "Bad", "When I Look At The World" and yet them find ways to make them new and fresh (in my view). You gotta love that.

Back
Top Bottom