Advice. (quickish)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
My guitar neck is bent, has been since I got it, (a few years) as a result, I hardly play it. The truss rod seems to be broke, as I turn it and turn it and nothing happens, also its very loose.

So, what I ask is, is it worth hacking off the fretboard in an attempt to fix it, or leave it be? Bare in mind I hardly play it because the neck is bent, and I cant really afford to get it fixed or a new neck ATM, or in the forseeable future. (I doubt anyone would buy it in this state either)

ok well too late.

um.....There doesnt appear to be a truss rod.... :eyebrow: :| It explains a lot.

NEW QUESTION.

Where can I get a cheap SG style neck? :huh:

Ive scoured ebay, all seem to be strat ones...

Its a bolt on. Although, would a strat one work anyway? Or would it need to be the exact same dimensions?

maybe, but be more specific. Type in "Gibson Neck." While theres not as many as Fender necks, you should find a good one.

EDIT: I just checked ebay, because I myself am looking for a a gibson neck too. And it seems you have it epiphone, so it doesnt have to exactly by a gibson. Anyways, I checked ebay, and theres not much on there at the moment. But there usually is, so keep checking frequently. ;)

I think a Les Paul neck would fit, as I compared it to my LP copy.

Anyway, it seems that the truss rod itself was bent, so not really much chance of fixing it either way. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom