Adam's Ibanez Bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fly33

The Fly
I was watching a video of With or Without You from this tour, and it looked like Adam was playing his old Ibanez bass (like the same one from the Red Rocks video). It's hard to tell, but it's definitely not a Fender, and I don't think it's a Warwick either. Looks like the headstock says Ibanez. Anybody know anything about this? I know he dragged out his old P-bass for this tour; maybe the Ibanez is making a nostalgic reappearance as well.

I think U2 is trying its hardest to forget that there ever was something called Pop, and anything related to it. Unless......., by 2027 we're still waiting for the new album and in sheer desperation they do go for that 30th anniversary Popmart tour.

yep Adam is using Ibanez bass he had from the 80s for WOWY. I think it may have active pups instead of the passive one.

Or he may have just rediscovered it again? Pull it out of storage, give it a few slaps and think 'Hello, old friend, why on Earth did I ever stop using you?'

Sometimes when you get this steady influx of new things, you start to lose sight over what you already had. And while its fun to be able to pick from a gazillion guitars, you can only play one at a time.

Back
Top Bottom