Adam's Fender Precision bass strap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that the straps are made by Levy's. I think the sparkles are aftermarket / custom work. I'm not sure who does the sparkle work for him.

Scott Jones, the "Adam" from Joshua Tree (LA based U2 Tribute band) makes his own.

Here is a picture of Scott with his lilac purple Precision.
Scott_Jones-Purple_Precision-1.jpg

Edge_Orchestra said:
I think that the straps are made by Levy's. I think the sparkles are aftermarket / custom work. I'm not sure who does the sparkle work for him.

Scott Jones, the "Adam" from Joshua Tree (LA based U2 Tribute band) makes his own.

Here is a picture of Scott with his lilac purple Precision.

Did he have that painted by the fender custom shop?

Edge_Orchestra said:
Nope.

The paint job on the bass was by Marty Bell. He's located in San Diego.

Thus far, he's painted my Retrorocket, Scott's Precision (seen in the picture) as well as Chas' Variax 700 (silver sparkle). Marty does great re-finish work.

Off-topic

Do you have a pic of his variax?

Off-topic

Do you have a pic of his variax?

Pic of Chas' Variax? I don't have a pic on my computer. As luck should have it, Chas just called me. I asked him to send me a link to the picture of his. Soon as I have it, I will post it.

I think that The Edge would confuse it for his own. THAT is how good Marty Bell is with his guitar finishes.

We are getting off the original topic here but here goes...

Holy shit! Thats beautiful!

Indeed, it is. And it sounds and plays as stunning as it looks.

How much do those paint jobs cost?

Depends on the finish and the specs.

As Edge's Variax only had the top (not back and sides) finished, we followed suit with Chas'.

I think getting the top (only) of Chas Variax was in the $275 range.

I think a sparkle finish for entire instrument, like Scott's lilac purple Precision was in the $350 range. My Fernandes was in the $280 range.

Marty does great work. His price list at link below.

Page Title

One can think, "that is pricey". I don't think it is. Marty does great work. Scott, Chas and I have all felt good about recommending him to others.

When it comes to gear, I have one thing that I try to share with others... that is the following:

Do your homework
  • Shop around
  • Sometimes more expensive IS best
  • It's better to wait, save and buy what you really want INSTEAD of merely what is 'good enough' for now... or what the budget might allow for today. Why sell yourself short? You will love and appreciate the instrument more of if you get what you want instead of what is merely 'close'.

Back
Top Bottom