Adams chorus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BP: You've always blended a direct line with a miked SVT rig, but this record sounds different.

AC: This time around I was after something that sounded good at really low volume. I'd like to say it's about tone, but it might just be age [laughs]. So I recorded with an Ashdown 800 head and the matching cab with two 12s and one 15. Also, we moved around a lot in the studio this time, trying different rooms and all, so I used an Ashdown 400 4x10 combo, too. Occasionally we'd add extra bottom end with a dbx 120XP Subharmonic Synthesizer -- but these days I don't much. I've come to prefer the pure, clean sound of the bass. I like the physical effect of a good bass sound; that's really what it's all about. And that's why the best place to stand when you see a band is always in front of the bass rig!

Heck yeah great place to stand! It really is, and not just with U2. ;)

I always thought he overdid the chorus actually... for example the Loreley show in 1983 has it on a number of songs and it actually obscures some of his playing (IMO). He sounds far better these days.

Back
Top Bottom