Adam Clayton Ltd Ed Custom Shop Precision - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Edge_Orchestra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: * The Edge's Guitar Storage Room *
Posts: 8,565
Local Time: 12:43 PM
Adam Clayton Ltd Ed Custom Shop Precision

Limited to 60 pieces worldwide. I imagine they will be hard to get and pricey.

Cool that they are making them... they should make the lilac purple sparkle too.

__________________

Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
theedgeu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Posts: 4,848
Local Time: 08:43 AM
Wow they actually made a Adam Clayton Signature bass! If I were regularly a bass player I'd have to get my hands on one of these.
__________________

theedgeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
Refugee
 
breathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami...New Orleans..Belfast and....Miami
Posts: 1,361
Local Time: 08:43 AM
Is there any way of getting somethin like it maybe from squier? i know it wont sound anything like it but i want a bass that looks close to that!
breathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Edge_Orchestra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: * The Edge's Guitar Storage Room *
Posts: 8,565
Local Time: 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathe View Post
Is there any way of getting somethin like it maybe from squier? i know it wont sound anything like it but i want a bass that looks close to that!
Shame on you! Squier?!?!?! A fecking SQUIER?!?!?! Have I taught you nothing?!?!?!?!






Perhaps consider the better alternative? You could buy a Made In Mexico Fender Precision and have it re-finished to look like Adam's.

Have a SPB-1 Seymour Duncan pickups put in and it will sound even better.
Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
Refugee
 
breathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami...New Orleans..Belfast and....Miami
Posts: 1,361
Local Time: 08:43 AM
that's true
breathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Edge_Orchestra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: * The Edge's Guitar Storage Room *
Posts: 8,565
Local Time: 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathe View Post
that's true
I'd love to have one. I'm guessing they will be in the $2000.00-$3500.00 range? I don't know for certain.

Sadly, I've not that kind of cash sitting around presently. Plus they are only making 60 so, those 60 will probably sell fast.
Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
Refugee
 
breathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami...New Orleans..Belfast and....Miami
Posts: 1,361
Local Time: 08:43 AM
Yea it sucks I really want a bass that looks like that! Could you recomend a bass that is similar?
breathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Edge_Orchestra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: * The Edge's Guitar Storage Room *
Posts: 8,565
Local Time: 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathe View Post
Yea it sucks I really want a bass that looks like that! Could you recomend a bass that is similar?
It could be done. Cheap? Not so much.

A MIM Precision. That'd run in the $580.00 range.
Fender Standard Precision Maple Bass at zZounds

Then pickup change: Fender `62 reissue pickups = $70.00-ish

Fender Original '62 P Bass Pickup - find the largest selection of the hottest music gear at music123

White pearl pickguard: $42.00 to $55.00

Pro Music : Fender American Standard Precision Bass Pickguard, Pro Music Item# 3886


Even cooler if you add pearl inlay Jazz neck (Adam likes the Jazz neck on his P-Basses: $300.00 range.
http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/i...arge/JMF-B.jpg

And then off to Marty Bell for refinishing in either Adam Approved Gold Sparkle or Lilac Purple sparkle. In the $350.00 price range. Not sure if there is an additional cost to paint the headstock of the bass.

Page Title


So for $1000 - $1500.00, you could get close. (More if you get the upgraded neck).

You could just get the MIM Precision and the paint job and that would leave you in the $1000.00 range.

OR... You could always contact Fender Custom Shop to see what is the cheapest way to get to 'that look' and close to 'that sound' of Adams.
Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Edge_Orchestra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: * The Edge's Guitar Storage Room *
Posts: 8,565
Local Time: 12:43 PM
One fantastic sell point of the Adam Clayton Precision is that the pickups are wound by Abigail Ybarra.

Abigail is FAMOUS. She's worked for Fender for ages and pros all want HER to wind their pickups. She's notorious for making/winding the best pickups. She's so good that many pros, when they want their guitars / bass guitars overhauled or refitted with pickups... they ask for her by name to wind their pickups.

She began working for Fender in 1956. She's the pickups specialist for Fender Custom Shop.

Seymour Duncan & Abigail Ybarra



Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
Refugee
 
breathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami...New Orleans..Belfast and....Miami
Posts: 1,361
Local Time: 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge_Orchestra View Post
It could be done. Cheap? Not so much.

A MIM Precision. That'd run in the $580.00 range.
Fender Standard Precision Maple Bass at zZounds

Then pickup change: Fender `62 reissue pickups = $70.00-ish

Fender Original '62 P Bass Pickup - find the largest selection of the hottest music gear at music123

White pearl pickguard: $42.00 to $55.00

Pro Music : Fender American Standard Precision Bass Pickguard, Pro Music Item# 3886


Even cooler if you add pearl inlay Jazz neck (Adam likes the Jazz neck on his P-Basses: $300.00 range.
http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/i...arge/JMF-B.jpg

And then off to Marty Bell for refinishing in either Adam Approved Gold Sparkle or Lilac Purple sparkle. In the $350.00 price range. Not sure if there is an additional cost to paint the headstock of the bass.

Page Title


So for $1000 - $1500.00, you could get close. (More if you get the upgraded neck).

You could just get the MIM Precision and the paint job and that would leave you in the $1000.00 range.

OR... You could always contact Fender Custom Shop to see what is the cheapest way to get to 'that look' and close to 'that sound' of Adams.
thanks!!!

i need more money
breathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #11
Refugee
 
breathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami...New Orleans..Belfast and....Miami
Posts: 1,361
Local Time: 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge_Orchestra View Post
One fantastic sell point of the Adam Clayton Precision is that the pickups are wound by Abigail Ybarra.

Abigail is FAMOUS. She's worked for Fender for ages and pros all want HER to wind their pickups. She's notorious for making/winding the best pickups. She's so good that many pros, when they want their guitars / bass guitars overhauled or refitted with pickups... they ask for her by name to wind their pickups.

She began working for Fender in 1956. She's the pickups specialist for Fender Custom Shop.

Seymour Duncan & Abigail Ybarra




Thats sooooo coool!
breathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Edge_Orchestra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: * The Edge's Guitar Storage Room *
Posts: 8,565
Local Time: 12:43 PM
Abigail is fantastic. Heck, even Seymour Duncan bows down to her.
Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #13
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 02:43 PM
I badly need to win the lottery. First the Warwick, now this? I have a Precision, but damn, this one is PRETTY!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #14
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge_Orchestra View Post
Shame on you! Squier?!?!?! A fecking SQUIER?!?!?! Have I taught you nothing?!?!?!?!






Perhaps consider the better alternative? You could buy a Made In Mexico Fender Precision and have it re-finished to look like Adam's.

Have a SPB-1 Seymour Duncan pickups put in and it will sound even better.
Oh and for the record, I don't see why you're going so nuts on this. Squier guitars may be mediocre, but Squier Bass guitars are pretty damn decent. Many professional bassplayers use Squiers because they sound good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
theedgeu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Posts: 4,848
Local Time: 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Oh and for the record, I don't see why you're going so nuts on this. Squier guitars may be mediocre, but Squier Bass guitars are pretty damn decent. Many professional bassplayers use Squiers because they sound good.
So true GG. So very true. Proud owner right here of a Squier Vintage Modified P Bass. It plays excellent, even better than Mexican made Fenders, and I have found nothing wrong with it at all. Not gonna lie. It sounds, plays, looks, feels like a dream. I'm thinking of doing a refinish to it in Gold or Purple Sparkle. But I do absolutely love the white finish on it. Choices, choices.

__________________

theedgeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com