Adam Clayton Ltd Ed Custom Shop Precision

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get a bass guitar then! :tongue: They're much cooler instruments than guitars anyway.

But seriously, just a regular squier bass is a good instrument already, and they're available for around 300 euros I think. So it would be worth getting one with the sparkle finish. Cause it wouldn't be a Clayton custom if it's not a Precision bass. :wink:

Get a bass guitar then! :tongue: They're much cooler instruments than guitars anyway.

But seriously, just a regular squier bass is a good instrument already, and they're available for around 300 euros I think. So it would be worth getting one with the sparkle finish. Cause it wouldn't be a Clayton custom if it's not a Precision bass. :wink:

:lol: Thats true.....Thats next after the Explorer :wink: :lol:

I respectfully disagree. Squier might be a decent bass to start with I suppose. But one could pay a bit more and get a made in Mexico Fender that will be made and sound better.

A bit of patience and saving will pay off. T'is my thought.

Edge_Orchestra said;
Limited to 60 pieces worldwide. I imagine they will be hard to get and pricey.

-----

Cool that they are making them... they should make the lilac purple sparkle too.

You should hear the uproar over it on "Bass Talk" it's digressed into one of those 'he's a shitty player so why should he deserve a signature bass from Fender' thing. So silly. Personally, knowing the man's been playing the Precision with the Jazz necks for years, I dig it and the fact that Abigail Ybarra's doing the pickups on the 60 pieces being produced alone would make it worth whatever price Fender decides to put on it.

Now, I have to admit my new personal favorite is the candy-apple red Reverso...that is the best finish on that bass yet - it's absolutely gorgeous close up!

:sexywink:

Agreed, that red finish is incredibly sweet. Wish I could get one of those, but I still haven't won the lottery. :(

I'd love if they'd make a budget version of the lilac sparkle, for people like me that would love a Clayton signature but can't afford multiple Ks on a bass.

Right and I don't play so were I to get one it'd be a very, very expensive wall decoration and those deserve to be played (both the Fender and the Warwick).

I just have a very deep appreciation for bass...hehe oh, wait. That's the bass player! :wave:

Hey that actually looks really neat! How'd you do that?

Thanks! Ok first of it was a pain in the arse but fun! :lol:

Step one: We removed everything from the guitar, Pick guard/Pick-up,Neck and the Bridge.

Quick Question: My strat pick-guard had the pick up's in it, I was wondering if every strat is like that.

Step two: Sand the guitar down to the wood.

Step Three: Go out and buy the color paint of your choosing and which ever color glitter you want and lacquer, The paint i got had the lacquer in it already

Step Four: Go and paint!

Step Five: Let it sit there for a few hours.

Step Six: Sprinkle Glitter around the guitar.

Step Seven: Let it sit there for at least a week.

Step Eight: Put all the shit back on!

And Enjoy the guitar! :wave:

Nothing wrong with "Do It Yourself". For me? I'd rather spend the money and send it to Marty Bell. I don't make a mess that way. And it comes out all sparkly.

I agree, The only reason i did it myself was because i will never have the money for a paint job, And i don't care to much about this guitar so i thought why not! :)

and p.s Do you have a sparkle guitar?

Why YES, I DO have a sparkly guitar!

I agree, The only reason i did it myself was because i will never have the money for a paint job, And i don't care to much about this guitar so i thought why not! :)

and p.s Do you have a sparkle guitar?

As a matter of fact, I do! My Danelectro DC-59 12/string is blue sparkle. :D It's just like the one that Peter Buck (R.E.M.) has in the "All The Way To Reno" video.

YouTube - ‪All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star) (Video)‬‏

Danelectro-DC59_12_string-2000-blue_sparkle.jpg

Wow that is nice! Does Edge have one of those? very nice guitar.

I don't know if Edge has a Danelectro of any sort. They are actually pretty cool guitars. I have this one (12/string) and a 6/string that is black w/the white swirl pickguard (like the sparkle one).

Jimmy Page used to use a 6/string like mine for alternate tunings and such; like (DADGAD tuning) "White Summer/Black Mountainside" and "Kashmir".

My 6/strings usually stays in open "D" for the most part.

I don't know if Edge has a Danelectro of any sort. They are actually pretty cool guitars. I have this one (12/string) and a 6/string that is black w/the white swirl pickguard (like the sparkle one).

Jimmy Page used to use a 6/string like mine for alternate tunings and such; like (DADGAD tuning) "White Summer/Black Mountainside" and "Kashmir".

My 6/strings usually stays in open "D" for the most part.

ohhhhhhh Jimmy used one, Now i know where i have seen it.

ohhhhhhh Jimmy used one, Now i know where i have seen it.

Danelectro_DC_59_by_The_Rover.jpg

Jimmy had a black and white one. Syd Barrett (Pink Floyd) had one. Jimi Hendrix had one early early before anyone knew of him. I remember seeing picture of him standing with a red Danelectro 6/string on the family lawn. He must have been all of 18 in that photo.

Jimmy Page with his Danelectro:
jimmy-page_dano59.jpg

Better late than never.... Now the proud owner of three Adam Clayton Basses.

Left to right... the Adam Clayton Sherwood Jazz (I changed the pick guard to black).

The Famous and rare and Limited Edition Gold Sparkle precision with Abby Ybarra Pickups... only 60 exist in the world.

And the Purple Sparkle Limited Edition Jazz.
IMG_3551 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom