Adam Clayton Ltd Ed Custom Shop Precision - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #16
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 11:20 AM

That white finish reminds me of the Squier's most known famous user. Mike Dirnt even has a signature one made.

I have a blue one, and it's totally brilliant. That sparkle finish would be cool on mine, I guess.

ETA: Is that your bedspread in the background? That's SO cool!

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:08 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post

That white finish reminds me of the Squier's most known famous user. Mike Dirnt even has a signature one made.

I have a blue one, and it's totally brilliant. That sparkle finish would be cool on mine, I guess.

ETA: Is that your bedspread in the background? That's SO cool!
Oh yes Mike's signature bass. I do like his. I've been thinking of loads of modification I could do to mine but haven't gotten to any. And yeah my bedspread from a looong time ago. This photo is really old and my room is actually much different now. What's weird is look at the guitar blanket then look at the bass.

theedgeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #18
Refugee

How much did you pay for it?
breathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #19
Refugee

that was dump question how much do u think it is to make it have that sparkle look?
Old 06-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathe View Post
that was dump question how much do u think it is to make it have that sparkle look?
For to refinish it? I'd guess you'd be spending somewhere between $250-$450 at the cheapest. It'll cost a couple hundred for sure.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #21
Refugee

Dammm (my dream was just crushed)

Thanks for the info!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #22
Galeonbroad

that's not even bad actually. Where would you have this done, a fender shop or something?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 06-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
that's not even bad actually. Where would you have this done, a fender shop or something?
That was actually a guess but I do know that my guitar instructor got one of his refinished for a really good price, about a couple hundred if I can remember correctly. I'll have to ask him about it and it was also done really well. I've been looking at going to him for a refinish if I ever actually go for it. It's done here in North Carolina. I don't know a lot about refinishers seeing as I've never really been all that interested but I've been to a few sites and the jobs some people have done is amazing. It makes me want to take mine in!
Old 06-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #24
Galeonbroad

I'd never actually heard of refinishing guitars before I came on here, so I don't know how to find it here. Would be interesting to find out about that.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #25
Refugee

I wonder if i could try and do this myself......

I was thinking of re-finishing a blue strat that i have, to try and get the sparkle look.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #26
Galeonbroad

Why refinish a guitar when it's supposed to be a bass?
Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathe View Post
I wonder if i could try and do this myself......

I was thinking of re-finishing a blue strat that i have, to try and get the sparkle look.
See that's what I was wondering. Ever since I saw the picture of the Adam Sig P Bass I've wanted to refinish mine in Gold Sparkle. I was starting to think I could maybe do it all myself. If you have the right materials and know what you're doing I assume you could do the refinish yourself. I personally wouldn't exactly take my chances on doing this, however if you have the correct materials and are about 85%-100% sure you can do it then I say go for it! I may gather the guts to try but I'd like to get a really cheap bass body on eBay first as a test run and see how that goes. Then, if you succeed, there should be no worries. Just my .
Old 06-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #28
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeu2 View Post
See that's what I was wondering. Ever since I saw the picture of the Adam Sig P Bass I've wanted to refinish mine in Gold Sparkle. I was starting to think I could maybe do it all myself. If you have the right materials and know what you're doing I assume you could do the refinish yourself. I personally wouldn't exactly take my chances on doing this, however if you have the correct materials and are about 85%-100% sure you can do it then I say go for it! I may gather the guts to try but I'd like to get a really cheap bass body on eBay first as a test run and see how that goes. Then, if you succeed, there should be no worries. Just my .
Its funny i feel like i live with a god my step-dad could make anything happen! So i am going to see if he thinks we can do it!

The thing i need to know is where to get that sparkle stuff.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #29
Refugee

Check this out!

Amazon.com: FolkArt Extreme Glitter Paint-5oz/Gold: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
Old 06-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #30
Galeonbroad

I wouldn't just put any paint on your guitar/bass. Be careful as some paint can damage the wood badly.