Adam Clayton and his Warwick Stryker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Adam Clayton and Warwick Stryker. Seems to be a Stryker. He's only using if for "With Or Without You".

I haven't check the tuning yet. Maybe they are playing WOWY tuned down to D and that is why it is only used for this song? I believe this is the same one sen in 2008/2009 NLOTH-era Olympic Studios pix. It does appear to have the Warwick vs. Duncan pickups. Adam normally prefers the passive Duncan's.

The Stryker was the inspiration for the Reverso.

....Whatever the case the Stryker is one striking looking and sounding bass.

40332-14325719968349-size3.jpg

1-14325561307477-size3.jpg

1-14325561038518-size3.jpg

5182-1432500788-size3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I really haven't compared to active vs passive for bass, but I'm sure it's somewhat like typical "EMG 81/85 or modern high-gain passive?" In terms of their differences

I that Adam prefers the passive Duncan's.

I think Warwick makes active and passive pickups.

I've got a message off to a contact at Warwick to find out what Adam might have in this bass.

The PUs in this stryker should be active MECs. Very loud PUs. But why is he using the Stryker when he got his Reversos???

So it's true that active pups in bass also have lots of compression and gain, right?

The PUs in this stryker should be active MECs. Very loud PUs. But why is he using the Stryker when he got his Reversos???

There is no confirmation that this Stryker has active or passive pickups. I do have an email out to Warwick. I'm waiting to hear back.

I do know that Adam doesn't like active pickups, so I'd be surprised if this bass has active pickups.

Why no Reverso's? No idea for certain. Maybe as he's using his latest Fender and Warwick signature basses?

I'd add why no Star Bass II's as well as why no Reverso's. The hollow Star Bass II's are great!

As for why the Stryker on WOWY, I haven't checked to see if they are playing it in E, E-flat or perhaps D. If in D, it could make sense why the Stryker would be used (as a dedicated tuning) for WOWY. Otherwise, maybe he just decided the bass what too cool to let sit in a storage room any longer.

Back
Top Bottom