Acrobat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The guitar sound might need some work still but I think you nailed the actual playing. And there's no way I could play the drums like that. Overall a refreshing change from the usual covers that people like to do and dammit, U2 really need to start playing this! It's too kickass not too.

I wonder if, as an opening act for U2, you are allowed to cover one of their songs. I'd so do Acrobat. ;)

I think Third Eye Blind played a dumbed-down version of I Will Follow when they supported U2 on the Popmart tour.

Yeah, if had more time I'd work on the guitar sound (and drum sound!) for a bit longer, but like you say, it was the playing that I really wanted to get across.

If this goes down well on Youtube I might do some more in the coming months. Ultra Violet, Deep In The Heart, Rejoice and Heartland or be next. :)

I wonder if U2's management gave them grief over it. While bands may be okay with a lot of stuff, their management may often come up with crazy small print stuff.

Looking forward to your renditions of Ultra Violet and Heartland. :up:

The guitar sound might need some work still but I think you nailed the actual playing. And there's no way I could play the drums like that. Overall a refreshing change from the usual covers that people like to do and dammit, U2 really need to start playing this! It's too kickass not too.

I wonder if, as an opening act for U2, you are allowed to cover one of their songs. I'd so do Acrobat. ;)

I like so much this cover. It sounds much better than the covered by some U2 tributes bands.

Yeah, your playing is spot on. Just when I think I'm pretty decent at guitar, I see something like this, and realize I have a lot to learn yet. Especially great job on the solo, very interesting to see somebody play it. That's probably the reason Edge doesn't want to play it, he's afraid of botching the solo.

Thanks folks. Yes, I was afraid of botching the solo, hence my immense concentration and shaky head (much to the hilarity of my wife).

Back
Top Bottom