Acoustic pickgaurds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Pac_Mule

Refugee
I am thinking of changing my pickguard on my acoustic, because its one of those boring black ones, but since my guitar is kinda vintage, I am worried this will significantly decrease the value. Also on a side note would putting an acoustic pickup in it change the value significantly?

I guess value would decrease, but it depends what you replace it with. I mean if its something out of place then it'd probably make it a bit worse.

Do you have any pics of the pickguards you had in mind?

yeah, a gibson type pickguard, like...

GTPMO3RH.LH.JPG

my guitars epiphone, but it a very nicely put together guitar. Its from the early 80s too and I played a brand new gibson acoustic at a store, and I have to say the Epi is better, maybe just because of the age, which has my interested in value, although probably putting this and a pickup on would reduce value..

my guitars epiphone, but it a very nicely put together guitar. Its from the early 80s too and I played a brand new gibson acoustic at a store, and I have to say the Epi is better, maybe just because of the age, which has my interested in value, although probably putting this and a pickup on would reduce value..

I am not so sure putting a 'hummingbird' pickguard on a non-hummingbird model is the best idea but then again, there isn't a huge collectors value on an early 80's Epiphone. If it plays great and you love it then that is all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom