Acoustic Guitar Shopping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2 Beginner

New Yorker
Hi guys. I really want to buy an acoustic guitar, I've never played one nor even touched one! I'm 16 years old so I obviously want to buy a cheap but good quality one. Any tips or advice. Any particular brand? By the way I live in the UK.

Thank You.:)

I know at one of the guitar stores here in Winnipeg there are brand new Fender Acoustics for under $400.00 Canadian... which means under like 6GBP LOL.

For starters I'd recommend a Fender because you'll get a good guitar for a low price. I'm not an acoustic expert, so talk to the associate at the store, as most of the ones I know aren't going to try making you buy an expensive guitar - they will make you choose the right one for you.

ORRRR wait for more suggestions from Acoustic buffs on here! That is just my 2 cents!

Thank You guys, I'll go check 'em out on kelkoo.co.uk.

I tell you what though, I've checked out some of those Fenders, have you seen the prices those bastards charge?! It's unbelievable.

i saw an acoustic fender strat/tele somewhere and it was only about £200 (which is cheap for a fender!) :hmm:

but if youre a begginer i wouldnt run out and buy the most expensive thing you can find. tempting as it is...when i was learning i nagged my parents for this gibson in the paper. i didnt get it, and im sort of glad i didnt...thought i cant explain why...lol.

theres an ibanez here for £88, and its a well known name, so it should be pretty good. handy cos you get the good name and a cheapo price. :)
http://www.soundsmusical.com/browse.asp?categoryid=8&order=price&page=2

good luck!

well i have an encore, and its pretty decent. its more a begginers brand, so it should suit you ok. :) lol, that was my first guitar too.
that first one on the list looks quite good, esp. the black and blue ones.
:drool: (im a sucker for pretty guitars, bugger what they sound like. :wink: ) its got the usual bits and bobs like picks and a bag too.

Yeah actually, I was thinking about going to the X - Factor when it comes back. But I don't know if I should. If I did go, I'd probably sing Electrical Storm. I'm 16 years old but, I don't know if I'm confident enough. Any tips?

Thanks for everything!

well my first thought would be "GOD NO!!!"

but if youre into that sorta thing then i spose why not? i wouldnt really know what to say as i dont sing, but the confidence thing is always a problem, i cant even play my guitar infront of people. :huh: just try singing infront of friends, and it builds up. :)

Back
Top Bottom