Acoustic Guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey788

Refugee
My friend is learning guitar and she wants to try to learn how to play some U2 songs. But she only has an acoustic guitar. What U2 songs use an acoustic guitar and can anyone give me tabs for it?

well, you can play some songs that are played on the electric on the acoustic, it just depends on if theres delay on them or not...(damn you Edge!!)

desires quite good on the acoustic, theres an acoustic version of staring at the sun thats quite good too. and the acoustic version of stay that was on teh boston elevation dvd.

http://www.guitartabs.cc/tabsearch.php?artist=u2&exact=on
these should keep your friend busy. ;) desires quite an easy one, so if shes only begining that'd probably be a good place to start.

I can play most of u2 songs on acoustic, but they sound bad.
These sound ok:
Sunday Bloody Sunday
40(at least the bass part)
Desire
van Diemen's land
Mothers of the Disappeared
All I Want Is You
One
Ultra Violet
Dirty Day
Staring at the Sun
Gone
Wake up dead man
Stuck in a moment
Walk On
Kite
In A Little While
Wild Honey
All Because of you
A man and a woman

i can play most of "the fly" and the solo on my acoustic, it sounds really flat because theres not effects, but once you get the basic pattern you can add in some fantastic strumming

Running to Stand Still is quiet good acoustically
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own is good acoustic
Angel of Harlem is good acoustic (though lacking in the horns)

I find that playing and singing passionately makes up for the lack of orchestration.

Has anyone heard Luka Bloom's fantastic acoustic version of "Bad"? Really good stuff.

In addition to the ones mentioned above, A Sort of Homecomming.

Back
Top Bottom