A 2nd track from my band's demo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
This one's kind of a throw away tune - it's called 'Blue'

It does feature my favorite solo by Adam, the guitarist. It's as if Noel Gallagher and George Harrison had a kid and it is this solo.

Enjoy...

http://s46.you send it .com/d.aspx?id=20WDIAEMFE3YQ28V4PQZ4YG1AE

(copy and paste link, get rid of the spaces and voila!)

you guys should try and get a record deal, the 2 songs I've heard from you are awesome. This one's just a throw-away? :drool:

IrishDawg said:
you guys should try and get a record deal, the 2 songs I've heard from you are awesome. This one's just a throw-away? :drool:

We're trying for that record deal. Playing the NY gigs and sending the CD out to anyone in the industry who will listen.

Thanks for your comments!

Only Alive said:
Ooh... very nice song. Great recording quality, too. What do you use?

-Nick

The drums were recorded to a rough guitar track in a studio here in NY. We did the better quitars (bass, electric, acoustic) and vocals at this guys home studio in the city.

The cool thing was thaht the guitarist couldn't come up with a solo. He tried a couple of times and then he said, 'let's save it for last'. So we did and then he just banged out thsi solo in one take. That guitar solo elevated this song from thsi crap song I'd written to a really, really good song.

Not that I'm biased or nuthin'! :wink:

Yeah, I think your tracks have really excellent production value and that the band sound is great. I would love to hear you guys live next time you're playing in the city. Keep trying for that record deal and let us all know when we can buy the CD!

GG_The_Fly said:
Yeah, I think your tracks have really excellent production value and that the band sound is great. I would love to hear you guys live next time you're playing in the city. Keep trying for that record deal and let us all know when we can buy the CD!

The website's taking longer than we thought (isn't that always the case?) but hopefully we'll be up and running by mid-August. We're already working on having some free downloads as well as being able to purchase the demo EP that these songs come from.

GG_The_Fly said:
Never got a chance to say how much i enjoyed the second track! Keep us updated as to when the CD will be out! :)

Thank you again for your kind words.

The band's going through some changes right now - but we should be up and running soon.

But at this rate, I may just keep putting up links to songs on here - just to get the music out there, ya know?

Aw man, the link's expired! Can you re-upload, please? :drool: I love your Tuesday track so much. It's a hit with my sister too. She was humming the chorus just the other day. I snuck it onto her iPod as well. :wink:

Notes for the song stay the same.

Here's the new link...

http://s64.you send it.com/d.php?id=3AIKD0WR9RY8OGDZS9LHHR8GG

Hope you enjoy it!

Rafiennes said:
This one's kind of a throw away tune - it's called 'Blue'

It does feature my favorite solo by Adam, the guitarist. It's as if Noel Gallagher and George Harrison had a kid and it is this solo.

GG_The_Fly said:

Bring it on! :)

Oh you'd like that wouldn't you? Take the food from the mouths of my children, why don't you?! My children who don't exist....that is....

Let's see how this track does and maybe I'll throw on a song that's single like Tuesday that's single worthy

GibsonGirl said:
Aw man, the link's expired! Can you re-upload, please? :drool: I love your Tuesday track so much. It's a hit with my sister too. She was humming the chorus just the other day. I snuck it onto her iPod as well. :wink:

By the way, your email has made my month. The fact that there's someone in this world who is humming a song I wrote in my apartment AND it's on their iPod...pretty cool...thank you...if you lived near by, I'd buy you a cookie

Rafiennes, i wanted to hear your song but the link expired... repost please??? :)

Back
Top Bottom