2009-06-30: Opening Night Guitars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Until the End of the World is again on the goldtop Les Paul. Elevation appears to be on the SG again. And Bad still appears to be a Strat.

Until the End of the World is again on the goldtop Les Paul. Elevation appears to be on the SG again. And Bad still appears to be a Strat.

Can vouch for all three. I saw the SG and knew it had to be Elevation. Bad is played on the same black and white Strat Streets was played on. Strangely enough Edge used a Les Paul for MLK this time, as opposed to the black Strat he used on AMS I. Would've made more sense to just use the Strat for that whole part of the set (with SBS and Pride being played on the same sunburst Strat anyway).

And Edge_O was absolutely correct about UV. I paid close attention today and the headstock is indeed NOT a Fender one. Must be a Fernandes.

Les Paul for MLK. Walk On immediately follows so the Les Paul makes sense. Was Edge even playing anything during MLK?

I see your point, but in Paris and AMS I he did actually have the black strat up for MLK. I didn't really see him play anything though, maybe it's to trigger sequences?

But didn't they play Pride before MLK? Maybe that is why he had the Strat in his hands?

Pride is btw played on the sunburst strat, same with SBS.

The guitar used for New Year's Day Dublin III was... the Music Rising LP!
As far as I know that's only been used for One sofar, while NYD was on a regular cream LP.

Back
Top Bottom