Zoo Station (Tribute band) covering Boots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Boots?????

WOW. BEST SONG EEEEVAAAAAAAARRRR!!!!

:wink:

WOW... It's like 80s old skool U2 mixed with extreme 90s expermentation...
Burning the Joshua Tree and smashing the ZooTV :drool:
Way to put it, solemole!
Now, what I'm wondering is...what are they going to say when they reinvent themselves again? "Drawing a line on the horizon?"
...That could actually work.

EDIT: Just watched the clip. Damn you, Zoo Station. DAMN YOU TO THE DARKEST CORNERS OF HELL.
I'm still describing their new sound as "smashing the ZooTV" if it's as experimental as people are saying, though.

I disagree.

I have to agree with Blender and VH1 here... :sad:

Although the song ranked #1 in the U.S., and #7 in the UK, Blender magazine ranked "We Didn't Start the Fire" #41 on its list of the "50 Worst Songs Ever". "We Didn't Start the Fire" also appeared in the same spot on VH1's 50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs Ever, a collaboration with Blender in 2004.

Lots of people make money off crap music - what's your point? That doesn't mean it's necessarily good or can't be bested.

hahaaa I needed a laugh this morning!!!
Skott had me for a minute... I know they can learn these new U2 songs very quickly :)

Lots of people make money off crap music - what's your point?
That doesn't mean it's necessarily good or can't be bested.

I have respect for any artist that can make money at his or her craft, no matter what the critics say.
True, it can be bested, etc. It's a matter of taste, of course. You're right.

It's like going to a museum with someone and they go on and on about how they could paint
something so much better than Picasso (RIP), etc. It's annoying. I say, "Do it then, and when
you have his bank account, buy me a villa!" ;)

It's about respecting the artist whether you love it or hate it. Anyway, that's my 25 cents.

I can appreciate Billy Joel - I like some of his works. It's just that particular song is so cheesy and not well put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom