You've lived with Get On Your Boots for 5 days...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you feel the same about GOYB today?

• I still love it as much as I did the first listen

Votes: 235 33.3%
  • I dont like it as much as I did the first listen

Votes: 81 11.5%
  • It's growing on me

Votes: 293 41.5%
  • I still dont like it

Votes: 97 13.7%

• Total voters
Bono sounds like a woman on Boots. Seriously, in parts he locks into a really feminine sounding high tone. I could see how the meatball audience would really hate this song. Anything that pisses off meatballs I'm in favor of.

Glad you asked...It is called Barolo. A Italian wine. Very full and rich in flavour. :wink:

on "topic": cheb or whatever his name is his voice is maybe not better but less annoying at least now than Bono's at this moment, not the past, that off course is not even debatable. Bono 1984-1993 is in a league few can touch.

I see your point with the whole Bono voice comment, but in all fairness he did go through a rough spell in the late 90's with his voice due to a number of issues (allergies, over use, etc) I truly believe that his voice sounds mature and has aged quite nicely. Can he hit those super high notes consistently like he did in the 80's? of course not, but does it matter? He still sings beautifully when it counts. I don't really know why anyone would even judge or try to predict his vocal abilities on the next album after listening to GOYB because its not a big vocal type song. I said this before, but I bet I could go into any bar or club and grab some guy off of the stage that could sing the vocals to GOYB and basically nail it on the first take. Its not a hard song to sing. Let's wait for the album and some of those other more melodic and vocally challenging songs and see if the president of the company is still singing like a bird....

...in the mean time, pass me a glass and some of that vino and lets have at it. :wink:

Not really. These days, KOL sounds like a bad synthesis of HTDAAB-era U2 and Interpol, along with traces of southern/classic rock. Hardly a groundbreaking new sound. Having heard a couple of their previous works, they blatantly sold out with Only By The Night.

I find it hard to disagree with you on that one

Bono sounds like a woman on Boots. Seriously, in parts he locks into a really feminine sounding high tone. I could see how the meatball audience would really hate this song. Anything that pisses off meatballs I'm in favor of.

Hmmm :hmm:.....I like meatballs and I like GOYB.....now I'm confused :huh:

sheep.jpg

jesus, i will have to buy a new keyboard now, just spat my drink all over it!, made me laugh:applaud:

Really, what does it mean to have your "blinkers on"?

Blinkers can have two meanings:

a) They are put aound horses eyes to create tunnel vision if they have problems. They are like bottomless cups.

b) Another name for indicators on cars. (dont know what they call them in america), but the orange light that flicks on and off, or 'blinks' if you will, when you are turning.

I believe this quote relates to the first meaning.

a) They are put aound horses eyes to create tunnel vision if they have problems. They are like bottomless cups.

b) Another name for indicators on cars. (dont know what they call them in america), but the orange light that flicks on and off, or 'blinks' if you will, when you are turning.

it does. it's not just for horses with any problems, it's for any horse, traditionally an older method of...as you said, giving the horse tunnel vision to avoid distraction outside of where it should be looking.

of maybe he is actually telling us to turn our signal lights off because we're neither turning left or right, we're going straight.

We call those blinders, but according to wikipedia they are also called "blinkers" or "winkers"...

See folks you learn something new everyday, sometimes even from the most unlikely sources...

The car thing we call 'blinkers' too and that's what I thought he was referring to and the context didn't make sense...

We call those blinders, but according to wikipedia they are also called "blinkers" or "winkers"...

See folks you learn something new everyday, sometimes even from the most unlikely sources...

The car thing we call 'blinkers' too and that's what I thought he was referring to and the context didn't make sense...

yeah, if there was an award for worst new poster, i know who would get my vote.

:lol:
no, it's on my arm, the ;) was for posters who feel the need to show of how "big" :rolleyes: fans they are so their opinion would seem more important.

for the record, you can name as any people as you want who don't like GOYB, but the number wont change my/our opinion, it's pointless,

also you're new here, believe me you wont find many blind sheep around here

It doesn't matter if i'm new here or not, U2 has millions of fan around the globe who don't post here and my opinion is no more important than yours or theres it's just my take on the song and my opinion. :heart:

I think GOYB is out only for a week and 2 days and it's to early to (over)think and to worry :wave:
I'm just enjoying a good new U2 song now...
That's cool and i'm listening to it everyday I know it will kick into something special for me. Maybe when I have friends around listening to it or something. :love:

It's beginning to finally gell together sonically as a song for me-- vs really loving certain parts musically.
I liked a lot of the lyrics after first hearing & got the lyric sheet. :)

I've only heard it like ?8 times. <g>

Not enough time to listen on-line these days, but hearing it now on the Radio the past ?3 days in the NYC area
:hyper: :yippie:

this is a goooood thing :drool: :D

So you dont like the single, thats fine that is your opinion but I dont think people should make a sweeping judgement about how the album will be doing based on this one single.

Achtung Baby for example really didnt hit a good sales stride until One hit the charts and then people really started to get into the record, The Fly as far as a single goes did not do much to promote the sales of the album.

The question will be how long the album can maintain strong sales and that will be based on all the tracks on the record not just GYBO.

I prefer the track to Vertigo and Elevation but thats my opinion. If it was the best song on the album id be disappointed but if its the worst song on the album that would be a very good thing, because really its a decent quality song, that takes more then 1 or 2 listens to get into.

I agree with you, but no one is really talking about the album since we have not heard it yet, I think it will be great, but GYBO is not really a great song and I have to agree with carling and he/she doesn't need the visious criticism many people are giving.

Maybe U2 have left it a little too late between albums? And to delay the album to get a song as average as GOYB is very worring for me

It's not about the time (yes it took along time) but they need to put the best song on the album even if it's a slow song) ONE anyone???)

It's not about the time (yes it took along time) but they need to put the best song on the album even if it's a slow song) ONE anyone???)

Are you saying they need to release the best song?

Do you think Disco, The Fly, or Numb was the "best on the album"?

Are you saying they need to release the best song?

Do you think Disco, The Fly, or Numb was the "best on the album"?

I don't know what they are doing right now (their plans) but I remember the FLY on MTV or Muchmusic the day it came out and I was shocked but I loved it from first go, Numb I don't like that song at all. but Disco holy that song is a complete dance song and I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DANCE haha. but I loved it. But that song I love the video not too much especially the village people stuff, obviously Larry wasn't into that haha but not a totally bad video. I think Disco is an example of a U2 song first release that non-U2 fans don't know how to react to it and it can fail an album if there is not a new single/video quick it could happen again. IMO.

Hi guys!

Just my opinion....I have to say i didn`t know what to think at first, but GOYB has really grown on me! It is not their best song by a long way but still a great rock song that will sound fantastic live!
I think it is just a taste of the new album, and i`m sure there will be alot better songs on it, from what i`ve heard anyway.
These guys have done and accomplished everything imaginable, and it seems we (including myself) expect everything new they release to outdo what has come before, which is impossible, as they have such a library of songs that are already classics and will never be outdone!

Let`s get off their backs and just enjoy everything that comes with a new U2 album!

Cheers, Mikie.

Hi guys!

Just my opinion....I have to say i didn`t know what to think at first, but GOYB has really grown on me! It is not their best song by a long way but still a great rock song that will sound fantastic live!
I think it is just a taste of the new album, and i`m sure there will be alot better songs on it, from what i`ve heard anyway.
These guys have done and accomplished everything imaginable, and it seems we (including myself) expect everything new they release to outdo what has come before, which is impossible, as they have such a library of songs that are already classics and will never be outdone!

Let`s get off their backs and just enjoy everything that comes with a new U2 album!

Cheers, Mikie.

:up: :wave:

I don't know what they are doing right now (their plans) but I remember the FLY on MTV or Muchmusic the day it came out and I was shocked but I loved it from first go, Numb I don't like that song at all. but Disco holy that song is a complete dance song and I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DANCE haha. but I loved it. But that song I love the video not too much especially the village people stuff, obviously Larry wasn't into that haha but not a totally bad video. I think Disco is an example of a U2 song first release that non-U2 fans don't know how to react to it and it can fail an album if there is not a new single/video quick it could happen again. IMO.

Well I think you are jumping to some conclusions, the video doesn't come out till Friday, they're playing the Brits, they'll do their thing, and they'll have other singles... just give it time.

Back
Top Bottom