You've lived with Get On Your Boots for 5 days...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you feel the same about GOYB today?

• I still love it as much as I did the first listen

Votes: 235 33.3%
  • I dont like it as much as I did the first listen

Votes: 81 11.5%
  • It's growing on me

Votes: 293 41.5%
  • I still dont like it

Votes: 97 13.7%

• Total voters
Actually Take That has just broken the record for the most tickets sold for stadium concerts

All i am saying is in England right now, KOL are the biggest band from the ages of 15 onwards. I live in a city called Norwich and whenever i go clubbing, KOL are playing.
Could be sign of the times i'm afraid

Oh and i think Take That also had the biggest selling album of the year in the Uk as well. So you could compare. I dont agree but music is changing

Maybe U2 have left it a little too late between albums? And to delay the album to get a song as average as GOYB is very worring for me

I'm sorry Bono Vox, but i really do not have a clue what your on about? Explain please?

I'm sorry Bono Vox, but i really do not have a clue what your on about? Explain please?

Apparently you have something that allows you to read people's minds, a helmet or something how else are you able to say "if you're honest with yourself" and telling MacPhisto "bullshit" that he can't actually like the song that much... I mean you couldn't possibly just be projecting your own tastes onto someone :shrug:

And I think it would be cool to use on my date this weekend, so what do you say?

eerrr.right, i totally understand now! I just need to smoke another spliff and i will be there..

All i am saying is in England right now, KOL are the biggest band from the ages of 15 onwards. I live in a city called Norwich and whenever i go clubbing, KOL are playing.
Could be sign of the times i'm afraid

Not really. These days, KOL sounds like a bad synthesis of HTDAAB-era U2 and Interpol, along with traces of southern/classic rock. Hardly a groundbreaking new sound. Having heard a couple of their previous works, they blatantly sold out with Only By The Night.

Not really. These days, KOL sounds like a bad synthesis of HTDAAB-era U2 and Interpol, along with traces of southern/classic rock. Hardly a groundbreaking new sound. Having heard a couple of their previous works, hey blatantly sold out with Only By The Night.

Well their new album is gonna sell more than the Bomb in the UK, so I think the public likes their awful crappy shitty music...wait what was my point...Kings of Leon suck and shouldn't be so god damn popular :sad:

Well their new album is gonna sell more than the Bomb in the UK, so I think the public likes their awful crappy shitty music...wait what was my point...Kings of Leon suck and shouldn't be so god damn popular :sad:

Viva La Vida kicks the shit out of Only By The Night, easily. And you know that, from me, Coldplay compliments are hard to come by. It's just that one sounds like a band actually trying to record something decent, and the other is a product.

Viva La Vida kicks the shit out of Only By The Night, easily. And you know that, from me, Coldplay compliments are hard to come by. It's just that one sounds like a band actually trying to record something decent, and the other is a product.

Viva La Vida kicks the shit out of anything KOL have ever released. They didn't annoy me until their new album but now I have so much hate for them Sex on Fire (If the bloody sex is so good why aren't you having sex right now and not writing shitty music about it?) and Use Somebody (Who a singing coach?) are just painfully bad.

And they just announced they're headlining the biggest music festival here for the second time in a row...guess that answers whether or not I'm going

I've decided from now on I'm only going to buy the #1 song from itunes. That should ensure I'm only listening to the best music out there. Let me check.......

okay, just bought "My Life Would Suck Without You" , now there's a good title if there ever was one!!! :happy:

Well what an entertaining time iv'e had. I think i have realised that people, whatever average thing they listen to, have still got blinkers on. Read the review from the worst music cock sucking mag in the worlds review about GOYB. Maybe thats what it was i? i was that excited about the review i actually thought it was gonna be groundbreakingly brilliant. Then i heard it and i realised that Q wrote the review and should have realised. I can remember Q reviewing Oasis groundbreaking shit new album 'Dig out you soul' or whatever and giving it top marks for gods sake?!?!
Anyway back to GOYB, apparently it's a song womens power or something shit like that, all i know it's is a song that really dosen't relate or do anything for me, we had that girl power thing with The Spice Girls. I just hope that the album is by far better than the single. I used to be exactely like you lot, wouldn't have a bad thing said about the greatest band in the world right up until now, but you have to draw a line somewhere.
P.s i dont smoke, cocaine is my bag

It's been 5 years since I last listened to the radio....

I think I'm a happier person now.

There's a picture of the Boots sleeve up on u2.com right now.

GOYB_cover_packshot.jpg

Thanks.
Ah... oh, I'm not a member... :wink:

Anyway, AWESOME!!!

I prefer the Kings Of Leon record to Coldplays.

Radioheads In Rainbows to me was also a big disappointment and below Radiohead standards. Does that make me wrong sure in some peoples mind it does :)

Back
Top Bottom