You've lived with Get On Your Boots for 5 days...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you feel the same about GOYB today?

• I still love it as much as I did the first listen

Votes: 235 33.3%
  • I dont like it as much as I did the first listen

Votes: 81 11.5%
  • It's growing on me

Votes: 293 41.5%
  • I still dont like it

Votes: 97 13.7%

• Total voters
Maybe, but there album is went No1 in the UK charts, as well as the single. BTW the album is currently No2 in the UK charts having been released a few months ago. And their other album has re-entered the Uk top 10. Are you still laughing?
I would be surprised if GOYB go to No1, the album definately will.
(And of course they would support U2, they haven't been around for too long)

Why would i be laughing that there album is number 2 :|why are you trying to fight everybody with silly arguments? jesus why are you even comparing a band that has had 1 album that some people seem to enjoy, to a band thats been around for nearly 30 years and lost count of the number 1's they have had.

Maybe, but there album is went No1 in the UK charts, as well as the single. BTW the album is currently No2 in the UK charts having been released a few months ago. And their other album has re-entered the Uk top 10. Are you still laughing?
I would be surprised if GOYB go to No1, the album definately will.
(And of course they would support U2, they haven't been around for too long)

Pink topped UK charts too. She must be so...
:hmm::hmm:
oh wait...

:huh:

Just to make it clear... I think my post wasn't clear...

Pink sucks. :wink:

I think you would all be dissapointed if NLOTH didn't go to No 1 now wouldn't you?
Lets be honest. I don't give a toss about the charts but i know some people would, GOYB certainly do not deserve to go to No 1

I think you would all be dissapointed if NLOTH didn't go to No 1 now wouldn't you?
Lets be honest. I don't give a toss about the charts but i know some people would, GOYB certainly do not deserve to go to No 1

Again why does it not "deserve" to go to number 1? just because you dont like it?, if people buy enough copys then obviously it deserves it surley?

Let be honest your just trolling here arent you?

No i am not at all, i dont wanna say how many time ive seen the band ect, ect because i will get a barrage of abuse again. I am just saying, as i said all along, that in my humble opinion, GOYB is not a very good single, not by U2's standards. And to be honest, i dont think i am the only one, in fact i know i'm not!

No i am not at all, i dont wanna say how many time ive seen the band ect, ect because i will get a barrage of abuse again. I am just saying, as i said all along, that in my humble opinion, GOYB is not a very good single, not by U2's standards. And to be honest, i dont think i am the only one, in fact i know i'm not!

Of course your not the only one, but i would suggest you take a look at a couple of the polls carried out on this site, and well, it suggests most people actually like it,

You might want to get your assumptions straight...

We all know what they say about people who assume. But do you know what they say about people who assume inconsistently?

Oh my... yesterday i was listening to Boots and then Vertigo came in... much more catchy and powerful...

This is sad, but when i was starting to dig Boots i realised that i never came back to it with that same pleasure i have with others songs, in fact; i remember when i listened to that song from Killers,"Read my mind", when i used to listen to it three four times in a row... how i wished it was like that with boots :sad:

So you dont like the single, thats fine that is your opinion but I dont think people should make a sweeping judgement about how the album will be doing based on this one single.

Achtung Baby for example really didnt hit a good sales stride until One hit the charts and then people really started to get into the record, The Fly as far as a single goes did not do much to promote the sales of the album.

The question will be how long the album can maintain strong sales and that will be based on all the tracks on the record not just GYBO.

I prefer the track to Vertigo and Elevation but thats my opinion. If it was the best song on the album id be disappointed but if its the worst song on the album that would be a very good thing, because really its a decent quality song, that takes more then 1 or 2 listens to get into.

Of course they would like it, it's a U2 forum!!!
Maybe i am one of the few on this forum then who is honest with themselves. But i know a lot of people and because they know i'm a big U2 fan, 99.9% have come up to me and said it's actually SHIT, and i am talkng about youngsters as well, the people who 5 years ago didn't know about music when HTDAAB come out, but are now getting into music like we all did at 14 - 15 years old, now these people are into bands like KOL.

Not clear enough...

were you referring to the COLOR or the SINGER????

stop being so vague dammit!!!!!

Oh crap.... now I'm confused....

Can you answer me one last question please? If you were "just saying" in your "humble opinion", why you had such a problem with me saying that it was in my top 10? Did I said/wrote something earlier that pissed you off? If I did, I'm sorry, but I can't see other reason for to complain about my opinion. Unless the problem is you.

If you ask 15 to 20 year olds if they like U2, they probably wouldn't have a clue who they are. I think theres a gap in generation and U2 are gonna have to try hard to get it

Yes i do have a problem. The problem is why do people kid themselves that their hero's, who they worship, can actually make mediocre music and can't come to terms with it? Thats my problem

Look I'm trying to come to grips with it. I'm starting grip therapy next week.

If i was a gambling man, i would say that in terms of album sales, this is gonna be another POP. Watch this space.

Dude, pass me what ever you're drinking/smoking....because if we are seriously going to have a discussion about the lead singer from KOL and Bono then I'm going to need something to hold my interest.

We can't possibly be even mentioning those two guys in the same sentence.

BTW, yes their album hit the top of the UK charts but so did Take That's albums. So should we compare the singer from Take That to Bono now too????

please pass me something now!!!!

Glad you asked...It is called Barolo. A Italian wine. Very full and rich in flavour. :wink:

on "topic": cheb or whatever his name is his voice is maybe not better but less annoying at least now than Bono's at this moment, not the past, that off course is not even debatable. Bono 1984-1993 is in a league few can touch.

So do i, but i much prefer discoteque to GOYB and if there is another MOFO on the album, it would be worth buying it for that alone!!

Back
Top Bottom