You're the Best Thing About Me - Song Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitting it's got the American flag all over it considering this past weekend.

But we all know how Bono feels about kneeling

Fitting it's got the American flag all over it considering this past weekend.

But we all know how Bono feels about kneeling

We all know how Bono feels about America but like everyone else, the band are opportunists. They will play on the American unrest for the next several years. The transmission cutting at the end of the video clip could foreshadow what's next for the album in terms of the mood with America. Perhaps American Soul will be single #2.

Last edited:
I agree. It's actually one of U2's better videos. I don't know why they think they need to create another one.

Remember that in these days of streaming and views instead of "sales", another video will rack up views that translate into equivalent sales.
They get another couple million views before the album drops and they get to tack on a thousand or two more album sales to the official tally.

Also, the video looks kinda cool, i don't mind another U2 thing to watch.

We all know how Bono feels about America but like everyone else, the band are opportunists. They will play on the American unrest for the next several years. The transmission cutting at the end of the video clip could foreshadow what's next for the album in terms of the mood with America. Perhaps American Soul will be single #2.
Yea I'm interested to see what they do with this... clearly there's flag imagery all over that teaser clip... But the song has absolutely nothing to do with the US, unless they try and play the "why am I walking away" part up and spin it into some "we love America and all, but, ya know, Trump" thing.

Looks like a few of those shots hearken back to The Sweetest Thing video. They know this is a fun little pop love song it seems and are willing to go with that.

but wait, there's more: the best part of the story? it's true.

Remember that time you basically said, this guy raises some good points, now I don't know if his points are true, but they're good points. Then called everyone a sycophant for not agreeing with these points you admitted you didn't know if they were true? Good times.

That's the definition of trolling.

So no it's not your post count or different opinion. You are not the victim.

Don't mean to go off topic but I am really liking the song now. I think the production is really good as it's one of those songs where I am hearing new sounds every so often.

I was just thinking about this but it is very likely that there is an album mix. The single is only 3:45 long and was likely trimmed to make it ideal for radio.

I have only two "issues" with this song:

1- "a boy" lyric bit I can get past that as the song is not littered with poor lyrics that would compound that misstep(although I suppose it's not a bad lyric more so than a missing one...:)

I can understand why that line annoys some people but U2 are an Irish band and they're just using an Irish way of speaking there.

About time.

(And they performed it acoustically? I don't even want to watch that.)

Oh good, you're alive! And you didn't even have to suffer acoustic Best Thing!

(I actually think it's a slight improvement on the single version.)

Remember that time you basically said, this guy raises some good points, now I don't know if his points are true, but they're good points. Then called everyone a sycophant for not agreeing with these points you admitted you didn't know if they were true?

remember that time you forgot your Xanax? no? it was recently, apparently.

keep going dude. keep going...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom