You're the Best Thing About Me - Song Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said they changed it because his Mrs was in the house. But I hope they ditch that version.

The place had so much energy going and then the acoustic guitar came out and it went dead

Honestly, U2 suck at acoustic versions but that was better than the studio version. It actually sounded coherent, not a shithouse copy-and-paste job.

I still don't like it but that was an improvement.

It fucking sucked the air out of the stadium.

So they did beautiful day/ elevation and vertigo which I know gets some stick on here but the shows that I went to ,the crowd went mad for them and you could arguably say they were the most well received tracks of the nights. So they went from the crowd going wild to an acoustic track version of best things . Why do they do it

You should probably stop now

I can't help stop complaining. India being a huge country and my country's closest neighbour, it has massive impact on our country's every aspect..... political, economic, cultural. India's rotten musical taste in western music has affected my country's musical taste negatively and U2 is one of the main casualty. If India would love U2's songs then it would greatly expose U2 to my country and a huge number of people would love U2 here. But alas !! That did not happen, instead crap bands like Venga Boyz & Bon Jovi's popularity in India caused my country's people fall for these utter shit and to my disdain I have to listen to them everywhere. If only countries like Italy or Brazil or Spain or Ireland or France or Mexico were our neighbour !!!

I can't help stop complaining. India being a huge country and my country's closest neighbour, it has massive impact on our country's every aspect..... political, economic, cultural. India's rotten musical taste in western music has affected my country's musical taste negatively and U2 is one of the main casualty. If India would love U2's songs then it would greatly expose U2 to my country and a huge number of people would love U2 here. But alas !! That did not happen, instead crap bands like Venga Boyz & Bon Jovi's popularity in India caused my country's people fall for these utter shit and to my disdain I have to listen to them everywhere. If only countries like Italy or Brazil or Spain or Ireland or France or Mexico were our neighbour !!!

You just can't stop fucking up can you?

See, when I saw TBT in Indianapolis, I thought it actually held it's own after the barrage that was BD, Elevation and Vertigo. It actually somehow was able to maintain that energy level. It wasn't until "Ultraviolet" was played that people started flocking for the exits. There was nothing wrong with the arrangement they were doing, they just can't stop analyzing things.

He said they changed it because his Mrs was in the house. But I hope they ditch that version.

The place had so much energy going and then the acoustic guitar came out and it went dead

Just listened to it and.....yeah, that was awful. It had zero excitement and was so plain. I really hope they don't do that ever again. They played it like they were doing a cover song in a hotel bar.

Boooo.

See, when I saw TBT in Indianapolis, I thought it actually held it's own after the barrage that was BD, Elevation and Vertigo. It actually somehow was able to maintain that energy level. It wasn't until "Ultraviolet" was played that people started flocking for the exits. There was nothing wrong with the arrangement they were doing, they just can't stop analyzing things.

I would say the same for New Orleans. True, I was on the floor and the energy level is typically higher there, but it went over quite well I thought.

I'm guessing when U2 decides to surprise with an acoustic version like that, they are -- in part -- trying to do something original, creative and uniquely memorable for a particular gig.

Sometimes when you do that kind of thing it works, sometimes no.

The Kygo mix sucks and the acoustic is just a shade less sucky. The single version is the best and I guess when they start an acoustic version this early it's a sign of defeat: they have regrets /second thoughts about the recording.

Every Breaking Wave album version destroys the acoustic version in the same way. These guys have massive confidence and insecurity issues.

I really dig this tune but playing it acoustically is really inexplicable. Especially given how well the band arrangement has been coalescing.

What a sack of shit that is. What are they thinking. From the live versions before this it really looked and sounded like they had grasped the song live then they go and do it acoustic wtf.

I love best thing, but let's be honest 95% of the people in the stadium couldn't give a damn about it but then they go and play it acoustically:) why why why

It was late when I posted so the energy was still high

The acoustic version would have been nice in some intimate setting. Maybe even a studio extra

But I think the crowd was so amped after vertigo that when Edge started strumming and Bono hush singing you could hear a pin drop.

I was really looking forward to hearing the full band version too.

Staring at the Sun is the only acoustic U2 I like. But you don't play it in the encore

An acoustic version now?! They're realising this song is a dud and trying to save it. What a mess.

i don't know what you lot are moaning about - he could sing the phone book in his husky voice and it would be :combust: :heart:

Hopefully with 2 weeks off they use that time to actually rehearse the song to their liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom