Your least favourite song on NLOTH now that the album is sinking in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 Fans: "I want U2 to rock more

U2: "lets make some rock songs"...Elevation, All because of you, Stand up comedy etc etc

U2 Fans: "Oh noez i hates them thez horrible!"31!"

i got 6 just off the top of my head.

Red Light
The Refugee
Is That All?
The Playboy Mansion
Wild Honey
All Because Of You

BABYFACE.

And yeah, a lot. Since I actually like SUC a lot. Way more than Magnificent or moment of Surrender or UC..

I can understand it, I wish I could forget about that horrible thing. :sad: It's burned into my mind.

i only listen to Zooropa with HMTMKMKM replacing Babyface. i've actually listened to it like that for so long that i sometimes think that's how it was released. :lol:

Gems on the backside? If Mysterious Ways isn't an exotic strip club anthem, it just became one.

Just wondering, why isn't there any love for The Playboy Mansion? For me, it's one of the best songs off Pop, with a groovy beat and a very nice sounding chorus.

Just wondering, why isn't there any love for The Playboy Mansion? For me, it's one of the best songs off Pop, with a groovy beat and a very nice sounding chorus.

I think it's a great song... it's my least favorite song on Pop, but there's a lot of competition.

Eh, decent song... but not great.

The groove is sampling gone bad(which was a trend of late 90's music).

Plus, I'm not a fan of dated lyrics and this along with the outro in Kite are some of U2's worse.

along with the outro in Kite are some of U2's worse.

Funny that you mention this, because I've heard others on here say the same thing. I really, really like that part. To me, it almost seems as though Bono wanted to put a time stamp on it, or something, to remember that particular period in his life, and in the greater context of the song, I find it really...moving.

That probably makes no sense at all, but that's why I like it. :)

Funny that you mention this, because I've heard others on here say the same thing. I really, really like that part. To me, it almost seems as though Bono wanted to put a time stamp on it, or something, to remember that particular period in his life, and in the greater context of the song, I find it really...moving.

I second that.

The Michael Jackson...history lyric rings true now just for a different reason.

But i always thought this song got a bad rep, undeservedly so. It's definitely a chill song.

No, that does make sense. I remember Bono mentioning wanting to put a "timestamp"(his exact word exactly) in an interview once. It's just that to me it didn't work, because I really like the lyric up to that point and found it very timeless. :shrug: I'll admit though, it's a personal dislike of mine, I wouldn't quite call it a pet peeve but almost :lol:. I don't know why to be honest. One of my favorite bands is James, and their latest album is great but it's riddled with references to cell phones and modern vernacular that will be gone in a few years and it kinda bugs me...

I wrote a song about a message someone left me on an answering machine once and I can't even sing it anymore because there's a whole generation that doesn't understand the concept of having tape as a communication device. :shrug:

Stand Up Comedy - could have been a pretty good U2 track but failed cause its just too formula in delivery, especially for this album. Very good album overall though.

Back
Top Bottom