Your least favourite song on NLOTH now that the album is sinking in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No he should sound like himself and always be trying new things. He should not sound like someone that is trying to sound like The Edge. If that makes any sense.

No he should sound like himself and always be trying new things. He should not sound like someone that is trying to sound like The Edge. If that makes any sense.

I'm sure we all like the delay.
But the thing is he's been on a "back to basics" rehash of his sounds for the last three albums (NLOTH included). Time for something new.

Bono stepped up to the plate on NLOTH (as did Larry and Adam), it's time for him to do the same.

i actually think this is The Edge's best album of the 00's, because he took a more subtle, less in your face approach. While he has his kick ass songs like Breathe, SUC, and GOYB, his work on Magnificent, Fez-Being Born, Unknown Caller, NLOTH are brilliant. also, the fact that he stepped down on White As Snow and Cedars made both songs.

Don't really have a least favourite on the album, this album is just so good - it used to be SUC but now I love that song.

Sometimes I don't like Magnificent as much - then I hear it another time and I love it - weird...

I think Fez - Being born is my least fav.

One of the best parts about NLOTH imo is that nobody can agree on favorites/least favorites!

Fez/Being Born is the only song on my iPod from NLOTH that I've given 5 stars.

Could be because I smoke a lot :crack:, but that song is just...bigger for me than anything else on the album.

Hooray for Interference diversity :hug:

One of the best parts about NLOTH imo is that nobody can agree on favorites/least favorites!

Could be because I smoke a lot :crack:, but that song is just...bigger for me than anything else on the album.

i agree completely, though i don't smoke the good stuff anymore. :D

Interference is as diverse as the band/songs themselves. Hooray to that :)

White As Snow. It's been rather cringeworthy for me since the beginning, yet some love it. I love FEZ-Being Born, yet some can't stand it. Like others have mentioned, the range and diversity of opinions for this album are extraordinary!

Think it's a tie between Moment of Surrender and "Being Born"...Fez is the cool part, needed more. Maybe as an encore PA song...

fuck you Tyagu! :wink:

mine is still Stand Up. i would say Crazy, but the remixes gave it some redeeming quality.

White as Snow must be the worst U2 song ever made.
Breathe is also boring.

The rest is pretty good, especially Fez-BB / Crazy tonight / Magnificent.

Stand Up Comedy.

There's something "track 7" in so many albums that I can't understand.
"A Man And A Woman" is my least favourite from HTDAAB.
"Wild Honey" is one of my two least favourites from ATYCLB.
"Somedays Are Better Than Others", despite the bassline, is my least favorite from Zooropa.

Stand Up Comedy.

There's something "track 7" in so many albums that I can't understand.
"A Man And A Woman" is my least favourite from HTDAAB.
"Wild Honey" is one of my two least favourites from ATYCLB.
"Somedays Are Better Than Others", despite the bassline, is my least favorite from Zooropa.

And then there's Bad, The Fly, and Gone.

I'm kinda tired of talk about NLOTH, but now that we've had almost a year to digest it, I think my final opinion on it is...

It stinks!

Heh...well, not really, but for me it's a misfire and possibly a damaging one. The thing with U2 is: they simply are incapable of making an album (or doing a concert) of small pleasures -- the kind of thing that most serious musicans revere. That means nothing to U2, who have some kind of ingrained DNA programming to be "larger than life". When it works, it really works 'cause they're good at it. But when it fails -- even a modest failure like NLOTH -- it fails spectacularly because their ambition so over-reaches their ability. This is the first ever U2 album that I'm completely indifferent to. It's like they could have released it or not -- it means nothing to me, good or bad.

As far as the worst song goes, that would have to be the insufferable 'Crazy Tonight', possibly the most calculated and phony-sounding U2 record ever. If those young punks on Rattle & Hum could fast forward twenty years and see themselves, having gone from serious archeologists of rock's sacred sources to middle-aged pop artists trying to calculate chart hits with false happy sentiments... I think they'd have been disappointed.

It's easier to take your post seriously without a small picture of your chest in the corner of it, but you're still highly incorrect.

NLOTH = improvement over past couple of records
Stand Up Comedy = shit

Stand Up Comedy is absolutely shockingly bad. It's embarrassing. Crazy Tonight is just unimaginative, dull, below them. But the live remix is a highlight. Boots just doesn't fire for me. If anything, really, it's just on the wrong album.

But those three have stood out for me since Day 1. Since then, I think both Magnificent and Breathe have lost a bit of their shine. I don't think less of them, just I guess those simplistic songs tend to lose their intrigue faster, and those ones have for me. Really like them both, but they've kind of given all they've got already.

Back
Top Bottom