Your favourite Edge "guitar hero" riff of this decade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yeah the similarity to the chorus is pretty undeniable, but this song is about the riffs...the main riff to vertigo isn't really in there.

SUC is probably the most "badass" riff of the bunch, though the rest of the song isn't exactly badass. not sayin i dont like it - i do, it's quite fun. but it's not the song that usually makes me wanna listen to NLOTH, yknow? I think Vertigo is the most memorable riff and my favourite of the bunch. Boots is quite excellent also. ABOY is fine. dunno if i'd call the riff much of a "guitar hero" moment though.

i havent listened to Glasto enough to really judge but it's pretty BA. Definitely has a Zep feel.

How about WILATW (When I look at the world). That solo comes in like a breeze through a window.........

I think the riff is adequate, but nothing amazing. It's nothing compared to I Will Follow, which is as simple a riff as they come. Vertigo's riff sounds like its "supposed to be" hard rock, "supposed to be" punk, "supposed to be" garage, "supposed to be" young, "supposed to be" rocking, "supposed to be" fun, "supposed to be" U2 letting their hair down, "supposed to be" a retro throwback anthem, "supposed to be" proof that U2 still rock. Yes, it sounds like all those things, and that's why i don't like it. It sounds studied. It sounds formulaic. It is bled dry of anything rock and roll. It will never be I Will Follow. There's no urgency. There's not even a pop song. It's a front.
gat dayum, son...

EDIT: But anyway, I'd say BFFtS is probably my favorite Edge riff of the past decade. Solid tune :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom