Your DREAM Producer(s) for U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the risk of U2 doing this sounding pretentious - George Martin ? (I assume he still produces)

U2girl said:
At the risk of U2 doing this sounding pretentious - George Martin ? (I assume he still produces)

The guy is 82 years old, so I don't think he still produces

I think the Eno/Lanois team is the dream. But other than them, definitely Nigel Godrich.

How about whoever produced the last Muse album? U2 with songs that sound like Supermassive Black Hole? Yes please. :drool:

Actually I'd love to see Bjork and Thom Yorke producing the album, encouraging the band to have the balls to do something outside the mainstream music at last! :yes:

Peter Gabriel. His self produced album "Up" is the most layered, clear, lush production job I've ever heard. It's amazing.

I'd also like to hear a album produced by the guys from Massive Attack. Listen to the sound of Mezzanine or 100th Window. Wow. It's awesome.

U2 albums have never had great production IMO. They're kind of like The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Great songs but the sound of the records never makes you go WOW. They sound a little bit shallow to me. Eno's work has been the best IMO, which isn't suprising. Still, nothing to write home about. Unlike the bands I just mentioned, whose production actually sucks you into the songs and makes you feel them.

Dj Premier would be something very interesting..for all of you who arent familiar with him..check out Gang Starr..some really classic hip-hop beats....also on the hip-hop topic..ive heard that Rza of the wu-tang clan has recorded songs with Bono which are deep in the vaults of unreleased material, somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom