Would Magnificent make a better album opener???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropop40

Refugee
Interference is called Interference because it int
God I LOVE this album... its sooooo good

anyways, I was listening to magnificent :)drool:) and dont you guys think that would make a better opener than NLOTH?

I think nloth should be somewhere later in the album, perhaps after white as snow?

Im in heaven right now with this music :love:

No. NLOTH--->Magnificent is perfect. The best one-two punch on a U2 album since Achtung Baby.

I personally think it would have made a perfect opener but NLOTH is also a great opener and im sure it was debated :)

I think it's better where it's at. No Line creates a sense of landscape and Magnificent swoops in to create an emotional bridge so that Moment of Surrender can legitimately happen. I'm thankful U2 is making good decisions about tracklistings again. If this was early-2000's U2, the opening two songs would be Get On Your Boots and Moment of Surrender. Thank God they built this one up!

Is there any doubt that Magnificent will be the concert opener? The roof will blow off.

Hmmm... Magnificent does have a kickass intro, but I can't see other place for NLOTH other than the opener spot.

I will say that I almost wish NLOTH had the kinda gradual opening of Magnificent. But then again, I kinda like the punch in the face effect it gives. :hmm:

No, the kick-punch of NLOTH and then Magnificent is perfect. It would disrupt the flow of the album if you did it any other way.

Back
Top Bottom