World Exclusive from U2.com (Next clip)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgokelly

The Fly
:applaud::up::wave:

From u2.com e-mail;

Larry, Edge, Bono and Adam are just about finished up in the studio on the new album ... and the tracks we've heard sound very fine indeed! 'It doesn't sound like anything we've done before and it doesn't really sound like anything that's happening at the moment...' That's Edge's view and in a world exclusive we can now reveal one rather dazzling piece of close vocal harmony which has sneaked it's way out of the studio ahead of all the rest. It's the latest of our exclusive clips and it's a classic!

http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/ibifc_makingof.swf

I know this is already mixed up in some other threads but I think it deserves it's own thread. Should be the first proper quality clip, hopefully we get it over the weekend.

The bit you've copied in above only refers to the Brian Eno "Well runs Dry" video which was up a couple of weeks ago.

The bit you wanted was this bit at the bottom of the U2.com email update:

"Stop Press! Just heard that we have another exclusive video featuring the whole band all set for the next few days - keep checking in... "

....which would suggest possibly a full band full song snippet perhaps? Who knows!! :hmm:

:ohmy:

u2.com is really worth its money these days, great to see them breaking so many news!

"one rather dazzling piece of close vocal harmony" ... could be Van Diemen's Land from the O2 arena. :lol:

Seriously, I guess it's Get on your boots, because the chorus as we heard it in the beach clips would fit this description.

Hope it will be up on u2.com today. :hyper:

The bit you've copied in above only refers to the Brian Eno "Well runs Dry" video which was up a couple of weeks ago.

The bit you wanted was this bit at the bottom of the U2.com email update:

"Stop Press! Just heard that we have another exclusive video featuring the whole band all set for the next few days - keep checking in... "

....which would suggest possibly a full band full song snippet perhaps? Who knows!! :hmm:

Thanks for clearing that up, I was supposed to paste that bit in as well, could be a sneak peak of the new single:wave:

didn't get any email at all,so it still sucks..
Maybe Europe is getting this later than the rest :angry:

edit: I didn't notice mgokelly is Irish till after I posted, so u2.com still sucks. :D

The "close vocal harmony" is definitely the "Eno" video we already have - it even has the link to it under the story. The bit at the bottom is the new bit, and potentially more interesting!!

I wonder if Get On Your Boots is the video that Gisele Bündchen is rumoured to be participating in a while back?

Pleased to meet U2

16 July 2007, 08:40AM

As the world's highest paid supermodel, Gisele Bundchen can afford to be picky with her projects – and we hear she's in excited talks with Bono to star in U2's next music video. The pair reportedly hit it off when Gisele appeared in awareness-raising ads for Bono's RED charity campaign, for which she refused payment. The supermodel is no stranger to performing for the camera – she recently signed up for a part in the film Angels and Demons, the sequel to The Da Vinci Code, following her acting debut in the 2004 film Taxi - and it seems that appearances in music videos are all part of the modelling DNA; think Linda Evangelista's appearance in George Michael's Freedom, Christie Brinkley as Billy Joel's Uptown Girl, Helena Christensen's sultry show for Chris Isaak's Wicked Game and Kate Moss pole dancing for the White Stripes' I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself. (July 16 2007, AM)

Leisa Barnett
Source: Is Gisele about to add her name to the roll call of model faces in music with a video for U2? (Vogue.com UK)

No, it still sucks.

Geez some of you guys are tough to please.

Over the past 12 months U2.com has given us:
* Slane 2 disk CD and t-shirt combo
* 22 exclusive videos of U2 in the studio recording NLOTH
* exclusive interview with Bono describing and singing along to Wave of Sorrow
* pre-release details of remasters including liner notes, song snippets and rare video clips (The Ocean live in '81, Two Hearts TV performance etc)
* competition to win tickets to UABRS London screening
* info/links/hosting of to Red (Wire) exclusive (Father Christmas), O2 performance, Ballad of Ronnie Drew video etc
* exclusive interviews with the band and news about NLOTH
* on-sale merchandise including $8 t-shirts

and a bunch more.

I'm a member of a number of other bands websites and fan clubs and I can tell you now, NONE of them have given me this much in the past year. And some of those actually had new albums released during the year.

Geez some of you guys are tough to please.

Over the past 12 months U2.com has given us:
* Slane 2 disk CD and t-shirt combo
* 22 exclusive videos of U2 in the studio recording NLOTH
* exclusive interview with Bono describing and singing along to Wave of Sorrow
* pre-release details of remasters including liner notes, song snippets and rare video clips (The Ocean live in '81, Two Hearts TV performance etc)
* competition to win tickets to UABRS London screening
* info/links/hosting of to Red (Wire) exclusive (Father Christmas), O2 performance, Ballad of Ronnie Drew video etc
* exclusive interviews with the band and news about NLOTH
* on-sale merchandise including $8 t-shirts

and a bunch more.

1. Who cares? We've all had the DVD since 2003. If a simple Google search can't help you rip the audio, then I don't know how you've figured out how to turn your computer on.
2. The videos have been dreadful and, almost without exception, entirely pointless crap that gives fans the illusion they're being kept informed when they aren't.
3. ... woop-dee-doo?
4. You'd bloody well think they'd do that. It speaks volumes of their shoddy history that providing such details is meant to be a point in their favour. It's like commending a bakery for having bread available for sale.
5. If you aren't in London, big fucking deal.
6. See #4.
7. All written atrociously, by people who seem hopelessly disconnected from U2's camp. It is so hideously amateurishly run. The leading fan websites provide news more professionally.
8. See #4.

Honestly, in my experience, when a website is not actually actively maintained by a member of the band (and sometimes even when it is!), fan websites tend to be superior, simply because they're run by people with a passion for the band.

1. Who cares? We've all had the DVD since 2003. If a simple Google search can't help you rip the audio, then I don't know how you've figured out how to turn your computer on.
2. The videos have been dreadful and, almost without exception, entirely pointless crap that gives fans the illusion they're being kept informed when they aren't.
3. ... woop-dee-doo?
4. You'd bloody well think they'd do that. It speaks volumes of their shoddy history that providing such details is meant to be a point in their favour. It's like commending a bakery for having bread available for sale.
6. See #4.
7. All written atrociously, by people who seem hopelessly disconnected from U2's camp. It is so hideously amateurishly run. The leading fan websites provide news more professionally.
8. See #4.

Honestly, in my experience, when a website is not actually actively maintained by a member of the band (and sometimes even when it is!), fan websites tend to be superior, simply because they're run by people with a passion for the band.

That's my axver :applaud:

I wonder what Axver will do if U2.com will continue to give us breaking news and new U2 exclusives over the next weeks. :hmm:

Still running around screaming: No, they SUCK!?

I wonder what Axver will do if U2.com will continue to give us breaking news and new U2 exclusives over the next weeks. :hmm:

Still running around screaming: No, they SUCK!?

Sadly, the only thing that would ever make him hug U2.com and call it Timmy is if they release a death metal video set to footage of trains (with frames of subliminal full setlists).

3. ... woop-dee-doo?
6. See #4.
8. See #4.

Now this is just silly. They give us news first and behind the scenes videos (without spoiling months in advance of the album). I don't need a band website that gives me a nightly massage and pours 30+ year old single malt.

Now this is just silly. They give us news first and behind the scenes videos (without spoiling months in advance of the album). I don't need a band website that gives me a nightly massage and pours 30+ year old single malt.

Which band are you talking about because I am allready a fan without hearing the music

The Coldplay website does that, though.

And thekillersmusic.com even chucks in a fine Chardonnay every now and then.

The Coldplay website does that, though.

And thekillersmusic.com even chucks in a fine Chardonnay every now and then.

Shit, maybe I should become a Coldplay fan then.

Also regarding the shit U2.com gives us, You really don't have to be a member of their site for that. Seriously. Their site security is so pathetic it takes me 5 minutes to get things like the clips and such off it.

Shit, maybe I should become a Coldplay fan then.

Also regarding the shit U2.com gives us, You really don't have to be a member of their site for that. Seriously. Their site security is so pathetic it takes me 5 minutes to get things like the clips and such off it.

Okay I will go write U2.com and ask them not to give us anything! Perhaps then people will stop complaining about u2.com :doh:

Okay I will go write U2.com and ask them not to give us anything! Perhaps then people will stop complaining about u2.com :doh:

That's not what I meant. I meant more as in, they perhaps need to think what they're giving and make it more worthy. Check out other band sites and see how they interact with fans, see what works and what doesn't.
Over the past few years U2.com has shown so many examples on what does NOT work, and the site's been crap for so long, updates were everywhere first and U2.com followed usually a month later. That stuff has got to change. It's good that they're the first ones with the album update, but I'd like to see them work on keeping it like this.

And it would be a plus if they would stop giving their members things the band already publicly released, like audio from their dvds. That sorta thing is just bad. Give them something new, unreleased stuff, perhaps even good quality bootlegs!

You're right, I think some constructive criticism can still be justly applied. But for those acting like nothing has changed, and the site is as bad as ever--that's just false. It went from being a pathetic site to being a surprisingly serviceable one in a relatively short amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom