World Exclusive! Bono Speaks With Alan Cross About RIM Deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As I posted previously, Steve Matthews told my mate that this whole tour is going to be interactive in ways never seen before. A huge part of the reason they're going to be able to sell tickets for cheap is that we are all going to be texting our asses off during the shows!

As I posted previously, Steve Matthews told my mate that this whole tour is going to be interactive in ways never seen before. A huge part of the reason they're going to be able to sell tickets for cheap is that we are all going to be texting our asses off during the shows!

They've taken into account that many non-locals networks wont work at the show, and they wont be texting sod all then?

They havent? Shame.

Uhoh, did the relationship between U2 and Steve Jobs turn sour? Did Bono hang out too much with Bill Gates?

:lol:

Anyway, the stuff about the "interaction with fans" sounds exciting. Cannot wait to see what they will come up with.

And that's a good thing? Mobile phone usage during concerts is already irritating enough.

I agree. It's ridiculous.

The last group of U2 shows I went to, people all around me were texting their friends the songs being played, constantly on the phone. It's a concert, just leave your phone alone for two hours and enjoy.

so a rim deal is not what i thought it was........

:sexywink:

Back on topic...

Not sure what the Apple comment was about, however, they are famous for their restrictions (makes one wonder why MicroSoft gets sued for a monopoly, but Apple doesn't). Perhaps U2 wanted to do something special, but they didn't have Apple's support - so they looked elsewhere. The truth may be cold, but what's one to do?

Uhoh, did the relationship between U2 and Steve Jobs turn sour? Did Bono hang out too much with Bill Gates?

:lol:

Anyway, the stuff about the "interaction with fans" sounds exciting. Cannot wait to see what they will come up with.

it is "great" to see everyone busy with their mobiles when your favorite band is playing. wasn't bono the one shouting to a fan about his mobile?

I do not want interaction, I want rock n roll, beautifull songs and a kicks ass lightshow/screen/ effects whatever. If I want interaction well, that is a different story :sexywink:

i hope someone breaks the 2 key on your blackberry.

They always said they would take tour sponsorship as long as they didn't have to have giant corporate logos in the stage show.

We'll see how ubiquitous Blackberry's name is when the tour starts...

This still isn't the same thing as letting some company just use your song to sell some random product.

They always said they would take tour sponsorship as long as they didn't have to have giant corporate logos in the stage show.

We'll see how ubiquitous Blackberry's name is when the tour starts...

This still isn't the same thing as letting some company just use your song to sell some random product.

Maybe it'll be more abstract, like free blackberry juice. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom