WITS promo cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh can't you see how bad it is

Yep. It's the end. The album cover breaks the band because Larry will storm out once he realizes that it won't make a great t-shirt.

they're just trying to get back on the simpsons...

I will not skateboard in the halls.

...bart

roy said:

While I agree that it gets tiring to see people like shaun vox bitch constantly about the same things over and over again, KEUFC0's moaning about the bitching is getting tiring too! That's what I meant. ;)

Zootlesque said:

While I agree that it gets tiring to see people like shaun vox bitch constantly about the same things over and over again, KEUFC0's moaning about the bitching is getting tiring too! That's what I meant. ;)

except that the former doesn't do bitch to note complaints, but rather does it to get attention

Utoo said:

except that the former doesn't do bitch to note complaints, but rather does it to get attention

That may very well be true but how can you be sure that he is not genuinely disappointed with their current sound? :shrug:

Zootlesque said:

That may very well be true but how can you be sure that he is not genuinely disappointed with their current sound? :shrug:

I very much believe that he doesn't like the current sound. But that doesn't make his adolescent posts any better. There's a difference between complaining because it's your opinion and you want to have a discussion...and complaining in a way that's just to be a dick.

ATYCLB may not be astounding but it's a good simple design that matches the album.

And Zooropa was crazy just like the album, and I love Pop's cover as well. Although I think the next album shouldn't have a picture of the band on it...but if they have to make up for it by putting U2 is giant letters, it may not be a great trade haha.

Utoo said:
I very much believe that he doesn't like the current sound. But that doesn't make his adolescent posts any better. There's a difference between complaining because it's your opinion and you want to have a discussion...and complaining in a way that's just to be a dick.

:hmm: The best part is that the guy actually covered Sometimes and posted it on Youtube. BVS confronted him about it and he didn't answer. :lol:

Speaking of covers, I pretty much love all of U2's album covers except for HTDAAB which I think is just okay. They definitely should have chosen that other photo that's inside the liner notes!

Zootlesque said:

Have you checked out youtube lately?:wink: Let's check if there are any Window covers...

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:

:hmm: The best part is that the guy actually covered Sometimes and posted it on Youtube. BVS confronted him about it and he didn't answer. :lol:

Speaking of covers, I pretty much love all of U2's album covers except for HTDAAB which I think is just okay. They definitely should have chosen that other photo that's inside the liner notes!

:lol: That's awesome! :lmao:

Yeah, I'm wondering if Steve Averill & crew need a shot in the butt. By using the same old ///'s, are we supposed to think that WITS is a continuation of HTDAAB, as opposed to a glimpse at the future? Stuff like that apparently doesn't cross Steve's mind.

It's just a promo cover.

Most of their covers change between the promo to single phase anyways.

That being said, it really sucks.

:barf:

LemonMacPhisto said:
It's just a promo cover.

Most of their covers change between the promo to single phase anyways.

That being said, it really sucks.

:barf:

It's not as bad as the Your Blue Room promo cover...

yourblueroom.jpg

:yikes:

xaviMF22 said:

:yuck:

and HTDAAB is U2's worst album cover after october:wink:

I liked ATYCLB and HTDAAB's cover. I abhor "Pop's" cover. Yeah, I "get it", I just didn't like it. ;)

As for this cover - eh, I don't put much stock in a cover for any single. I grew up in the 45 rpm era and many times those didn't have a cover at all! Some did and I loved them, but many were just paper sleeves.

However, I agree with others who thought that the promo cover and the real cover are often very different. That said, I've seen some promos for WITS on eBay and they don't have any covers. :shrug:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
That being said, yes U2 is very hit or miss when it comes to graphic design. They haven't had a great album cover design since AB...

*batters you over the back of the head with a Zooropa LP* :wink:

now on the subject of a promo cover looking good or not! what the hell's wrong with it? It's just a promo to be sent round to radio stations and whoever else [/captain obvious] i really don't see the need for an extravagent, overblown single equivalent of Sgt. Pepper for something not on general sale :) let's just hope the designers get it right when the time comes hehe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom