WITS Album or Single Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fna692002

The Fly
What do you prefer more? The album version doesnt sound like it's been properly mixed. Single version all the way for me

yes I assume that is what is on the radio...at least it's the one that I am hearing on my local station.

But yeah here as well , prefered the single version , sounds more natural , even the drums sound better

Single version all the way! more strings and wtf is it with Bono on the album version during I know I hurt you and I made you cry? is he vomiting or so?

Damn... another album version that totally sucks compared 2 the single version.

The single version is AMAZING.

The album version, had I heard it first, would have been okay, but having heard the single version 1st, this is a huge letdown.

There's not much of a difference, it's just more of a hi-fi recording so yo can hear more, there's a longer exit and about one more line I notced right before he says "Love left a window in the skies" he says somethign about not murdering you and me.

Personally when I first heard it it seemed really different, but after a second spin it sounded so much better.

Oh man my single version must of sucked, so the album version is much cleaner sounding and clearer. I like hearing the drums so clearly in the album version. :up:

I'll have to listen again to compare, but so far I like what I hear.

The album version just sounds so raw completely stripped of a production. The single version for me;but i do like the RAW version
too.

The album version sounds more like U2 than The Beatles, and that's a good thing. On Radio Hamburg you could barely hear the instruments, album version :drool:

Galeongirl said:
Single version all the way! more strings and wtf is it with Bono on the album version during I know I hurt you and I made you cry? is he vomiting or so?

Yeah there's a difference there, isn't there? On the single version, it actually sounds like he says "I *nope* I hurt you and I made you cry" - almost a weird mix of "know" and "hope".

I prefer the single mix. Sounds more Rick Rubin-esque -- poppier and more polished.

U2Man said:
single version i think. the drums are too heavy on the album version.

Or maybe the rest of the song is not heavy enough:eyebrow: ?

Some days are Ablum version; some are single:wink:

Back
Top Bottom