Winter Should Have Replaced White as Snow on NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a redundant thread, but for the record, it should have replaced Crazy Tonight or Stand Up Comedy.

And it also should have the Viva La Vida crap at the beginning taken out.

Is there a law ruling out a 12 track album or something? A fixed up and finished Winter would be fucking fantastic on the album, but I see no reason why it has to replace anything.

definitely.

And it shouldn't replace anything. It should just be added. After being reworked. Although the butter on toast line would make the lyrics to SUC look much better in comparison ... :wink:

This is a redundant thread, but for the record, it should have replaced Crazy Tonight or Stand Up Comedy.

Disagree twice.

Where has this exact thread been posted? Can you kindly refer me to it if that is the case?

Also love the intro...and the outro...

Also, don't forget the fact that this may go down in U2 history as the song with the most varied vocal attacks (singing, talking, opera, falsetto croon, "broken" sounding singing..."bullets in guns") So 5 different styles in one song!

Cool deal ;]

Is there a law ruling out a 12 track album or something? A fixed up and finished Winter would be fucking fantastic on the album, but I see no reason why it has to replace anything.

I'm surprised you would say this since I thought you weren't a fan of SUC. But I completely agree. It would be a great companion piece to WAS in fact.

definitely.

And it shouldn't replace anything. It should just be added. After being reworked. Although the butter on toast line would make the lyrics to SUC look much better in comparison ... :wink:

Well I dislike WAS so FOR ME I would like it replaced.

Also, I love the entire song as it is. I don't get this undercooked theory as U2 often overcooks.

I dont think it should have replaced anything as it is not a finished product.

White as Snow is a good song at least for me.

Also, I love the entire song as it is. I don't get this undercooked theory as U2 often overcooks.

My main problem is the blatant rip-off of VLV intro and some terrible lyrics (though there are some very good ones also). Also I'm not a huuge fan of the spoken word bridge, sounds kinda like a rip-off of WUDM except not as good ("listen to the...") and I feel like the end could use a guitar solo or something. Nothing big, just a little variation.

But I do really like the song. I think with a few changes it would have been great on the album.

Winter would have been the weakest song on the album. I prefer all 11 to it.

I think it would have been one of the stronger tracks on the album as it has that eerie emotive feel...and the experimenting with different vocal attacks combined with the unusual song structure make it fit better then many of the tracks on the album (SUC, Crazy Tonight, Magnificent, etc)

Hi Lazarus - still hoping you will provide a link to the other threads about this exact topic. Thanks.

I think it would have been one of the stronger tracks on the album as it has that eerie emotive feel...and the experimenting with different vocal attacks combined with the unusual song structure make it fit better then many of the tracks on the album (SUC, Crazy Tonight, Magnificent, etc)

He experiments with many vocal styles: at least one of which is a resounding failure.

"But loooooking at the bruised..." It's like nails on a chalkboard! I love all 11 songs on NLOTH without exception, but I can't begin to tell you how much part of this song grates on me! I would have deleted the track from my I-tunes!! :O

Hi Lazarus - still hoping you will provide a link to the other threads about this exact topic. Thanks.

Did it require a separate thread? You couldn't have posted this in the main discussion of Winter? Or you felt that your bashing of White as Snow necessitated such attention?

Wasn't some bonehead creating the "White as Snow sucks" thread bad enough?

Did it require a separate thread? You couldn't have posted this in the main discussion of Winter? Or you felt that your bashing of White as Snow necessitated such attention?

Wasn't some bonehead creating the "White as Snow sucks" thread bad enough?

OK, I get it. Your being defensive because your statement about this being a redundant thread was inaccurate.

This is not a discussion about just the song. It is specifically about replacing another song on the album.

There has been no thread about this exact topic. NEXT.:down:

To me, suggesting that Winter should replace White As Snow is just as ridiculous as suggesting Be There should have replaced Sunday Bloody Sunday.

So you are saying that WAS is as good as SBS?

Really?!

To me that assertion is massively ridiculous.

Be There is a great song, btw.

OK, I get it. Your being defensive because your statement about this being a redundant thread was inaccurate.

This is not a discussion about just the song. It is specifically about replacing another song on the album.

There has been no thread about this exact topic. NEXT.:down:

Considering much of the discussion about Winter has been about what song on the album replaced it, and whether or not it deserved a place on the album instead of certain songs, your thread IS redundant. You're not the first who suggested this scenario.

So you are saying that WAS is as good as SBS?

Really?!

To me that assertion is massively ridiculous.

Be There is a great song, btw.

Be There sucks.
Anyway, I guess WaS is better than SBS indeed. I never was very fond of that song.

IMO.

Considering much of the discussion about Winter has been about what song on the album replaced it, and whether or not it deserved a place on the album instead of certain songs, your thread IS redundant. You're not the first who suggested this scenario.

Well you still have not provided a link to the thread.

Also, thanks for your insightful contribution to this one!

Back
Top Bottom