Winter/Mercy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If a new album did come out in 2009, I wouldn't be surprised if Mercy and Winter were both included. Mercy is brilliant and Winter could be very good. And U2 would probably not care that hardcore fans knew both tracks if those same fans were getting 2 albums in a year.

But if the album is more than a year away, I'd say neither will be included. U2 will have more time to develop an album's worth of fresh songs.

So much passion either way on Mercy, if we get it it will be reworked I'm sure or end up on a super duper boxset!!! The good news is that most of have the original, so what's the big deal if the original is not on an album, do we just want to see it do well???

Crazy Tonight is gorgeous pop-rock, and tone-wise really fits that section of NLOTH, but for me suffers from being a tad unfocused thematically.

I know this is completely off topic for this thread, but the only thing that's wrong with Crazy Tonight is / are the lyrics. On an album with some of Bono's finest ever lyrics, those for Crazy Tonight must rank with some of his worst ever. The rhyming is particularly poor and obvious.

in fact i'm convinced that 90% of the reason people like these songs, especially mercy, is because nobody knows about them. Therefore in line with a typical U2 fanatic, if you like the most obscure songs you become a bigger fan. crazies

in fact i'm convinced that 90% of the reason people like these songs, especially mercy, is because nobody knows about them. Therefore in line with a typical U2 fanatic, if you like the most obscure songs you become a bigger fan. crazies

I am definitely "crazy" for Mercy...but only because I enjoy the song. There are parts where I think Bono is too loud and it makes my eardrums bleed profusely. But I do genuinely like the music and lyrics.

I'm convinced that 90% of the people who call Mercy a "glorified b-side" or "unfinished demo" are sycophants who toe the party line and think that every decision the band makes is infallible.

"THEY COULDN'T POSSIBLY LEAVE A GREAT, FINISHED TRACK OFF THE ALBUM! IT MUST SUCK AND BE OVERRATED!"

I've never heard "Winter," and only "Mercy" live on a YouTube video clip, so if someone has them on MP3, I would so greatly appreciate getting them. My email is:

bcxists@gmail.com

Thanks a million!

I'm convinced that 90% of the people who call Mercy a "glorified b-side" or "unfinished demo" are sycophants who toe the party line and think that every decision the band makes is infallible.

"THEY COULDN'T POSSIBLY LEAVE A GREAT, FINISHED TRACK OFF THE ALBUM! IT MUST SUCK AND BE OVERRATED!"

I'm pretty confused by this post. Are you saying that it IS a finished track and it sucks or is overrated? Or that it's a great, finished track, and because U2 left it off the album, it must suck because the band are infallible?

So much passion either way on Mercy, if we get it it will be reworked I'm sure or end up on a super duper boxset!!! The good news is that most of have the original, so what's the big deal if the original is not on an album, do we just want to see it do well???
The reason many of us would like to have Mercy see the light of day is because the original copy everyone has isn't the best fidelity, far from it. So for those who love Mercy, we'd like to get a perfect master and at least CD quality version.

I'm convinced that there are two main types of U2 fans, those who love Mercy and those who don't love Mercy. Personally, it's one of my favorite U2 songs.

The reason many of us would like to have Mercy see the light of day is because the original copy everyone has isn't the best fidelity, far from it. So for those who love Mercy, we'd like to get a perfect master and at least CD quality version.

I'm convinced that there are two main types of U2 fans, those who love Mercy and those who don't love Mercy. Personally, it's one of my favorite U2 songs.

I love it, but it's a part of HTDAAB for me. I want a hi-fi copy of it with the HTDAAB remaster box. Side 2 track 1.

Believe me i do not tow...the party line for U2. I just think the songs popularity is basically an interference trend. And I know alot of yous tow the interference party line.

Forget Mercy, it should have been on the BomB, not Horizon.

Winter however, should have been on Horizon. Fair dinkum, it works fantastically on Linear, and is twenty times better than the failure that is Stand Up Comedy

Why is everyone suddenly hating Mercy? When it was leaked a while back, everyone was up in arms about how U2 could leave such a song off HTDAAB. Yet, now everyone is saying it sucks. Hmm.

I think many that say Mercy sucks just say that because so many like it. Kind of like reverse psychology or people who do the opposite just to be different. Mercy is amazing!

I still fail to see the genius of Mercy. It's a very average U2 song for the 2000s. Prediction: this song will never be released on an album unless it's an album comprised entirely of outtakes and unfinished songs.

I still fail to see the genius of Mercy. It's a very average U2 song for the 2000s. Prediction: this song will never be released on an album unless it's an album comprised entirely of outtakes and unfinished songs.

I disagree with your first point, but I agree with your prediction - and its what i want! New songs for new albums!

I disagree with your first point, but I agree with your prediction - and its what i want! New songs for new albums!

It wouldn't be new songs for new albums then, it would be a new album of old songs. I guess you disagree with me two times.

Back
Top Bottom